How we work
As an early employee, you’ll get to work directly with the founders and early engineers scoping out greenfield projects that you’ll be able to own end-to-end.
We promote an outcome-focused, low-bureaucracy, engineering-first work environment with an emphasis on delivering customer impact at high velocity.
What we're looking for
We are not looking for specific frameworks, skillsets, and experiences. We value above all else folks who want to make real customer impact by building great software.
You thrive at solving tough problems
- You enjoy breaking down challenging problems into simple & well-designed solutions
- You are fact-driven and want to measure the real impact of your work
You enjoy building products and making real-world impact
- You take responsibility over end-to-end deployment of what you build
- You like shipping code frequently, iteratively, and collaboratively
- You value MVPs and customer impact over perfectly engineered systems
- You care about scalable infrastructure & process. Even better if you are the one to help improve / implement the system! e.g., DDD
You like to work in an fast-paced, high-growth, team-based environment
- You are entrepreneurial. This means having a growth mindset, finding problems without being told about them, thinking independently about issues and clearly advocating your position, and taking full ownership of your work, even if things go wrong
- You are a team player. You value diversity & inclusion in the workplace, are a helpful teammate, and understand best practices for building products as part of a team e.g., code review / version control
- Thursday company lunches (always vegan-friendly!)
- Twice-yearly company retreats to different UK destinations (Brighton and Bath so far!)
- Free psychotherapy sessions via Spill
- Flexible work from home policy
- Remote December: we go remote for 6 weeks in Dec/Jan to facilitate long home visits or other extensive yearly travel
- Private health insurance through Vitality
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Applicants from any location, background, and gender are welcome and we have a zero tolerance policy on discrimination
We have 4 core components to our tech stack: frontend, backend, ML, and infrastructure.
- Frontend -- our website and customer dashboard are built with NextJS, using Tailwind and React, and deployed on Vercel
- Backend -- our API is a Python / Flask API. We have a primary kubernetes cluster which serves synchronous traffic, and a queueing system interacting with a secondary kubernetes cluster which handles asynchronous processing. We have a variety of microservices that are written in Python / FastAPI. Everything is hosted on GCP
- For ML, we use a variety of deep learning, NLP, and classification techniques to categorise and do named entity recognition on transaction data. We work with pre-trained NLP models like BERT for text. Models are deployed either as a kubernetes pod or on GCP Cloud Run
- For infrastructure, we are entirely on GCP and express / deploy all of our components in Terraform