Experienced Software Engineer
SoloSuit is helping people defend themselves in a debt lawsuit. These suits are often unfair because they target the wrong person, they are for an invented debt (fraudulent), or the amount named is exorbitantly above the original amount. Lawyers usually will not help you mount a defense because they'd rather take larger cases, or at least charge you fees that are a double digit percentage of the amount you're being sued for.
SoloSuit is aiming to help people in this situation, which is called access to justice. Join us in this mission.
Skills: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SoloSuit is TurboTax for debt lawsuits. We are passionate in our pursuit and are looking for others to join us.
We are a startup, so you won't be a small piece in a big machine. You will see how your effort impacts customers.
We are a fully remote company. SoloSuit is funded by: Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins, and The Legal Tech Fund
We need an experienced software engineer to help develop the website. This is a generalist position, so frontend and backend development will be in your purview. We primarily work with Ruby on Rails + AWS.
This engineer will work closely with the co-founders of the company.
We value as close to bug-free code as possible. We employ no backup in the form of SDETs or QAEs at this time though, so being able to, and actually testing your own code is necessary.
This is a regular full-time position for a U.S. based engineer.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject
- 5+ years of full-stack experience
- Customer focus, including the desire to speak with customers
- Industry-wide expected skills of an experienced engineer:
- The ability to write understandable, maintainable, and secure code
- Debugging skills
- English prose and technical writing skills
- The ability to review others' code and give constructive feedback
- The ability to take constructive feedback on your code
- The ability to research various products' ability to solve a problem
- The ability to architect software
- The ability to work through ambiguity toward a goal
The ability to learn these technologies (if you don't have prior experience with them) is required:
- Ruby on Rails
We use proven technologies such as Rails and AWS products to solve our customer's problems.