Software Engineer - Autonomous Navigation for Robots
$120 - $150 • 0.00% - 0.10%
Nextera Robotics is a stealth-mode, fast-growing industrial robotics and AI company created by MIT alumni. Nextera clients include Dunkin Donuts, Tesla, Analog Devices, and other Fortune 500 companies. Nextera has graduated from Y-Combinator in 2020.
Skills: Software Architecture
Role: play a significant part in the development of planning and control software for autonomous mobile robot stack. Nextera’s next-generation autonomous robots are being deployed in a variety of environments – from warehouses to production floors, to construction sites. You will take part in the development of robust navigation techniques for our new robot models and work with our engineering team in Boston to bring the products to life. You will experiment wtih various approaches and components availabe on the market to compile the best balance of accuracy, development time and manufacturing costs.
- Proven experience in SLAM for drones or mobile robots
- Strong CS, Mathematics or Physics background
- Excellent programming skills
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as Gazebo
- Familiarity with Visual SLAM, ORB SLAM, Factor Graphs, ROS, lidars, sensors fusion, 3D reconstruction, calibration, path planning algorithms
- GPU and TPU programming experience
- Strong math skills, familiarity with mathematical optimization in the context of autonomous navigation and computer vision
- Experienced with Matlab or similar tool
- M.S. or PhD
We'll be very excited to learn more about you and welcome you to the Nextera Robotics team!
Our process: 3 interviews. We ask for references.
We program and deploy large fleets of industrial robotic arms and mobile robots. We use Deep Learning at every step to maximize the efficiency and value to our clients. Nextera main office is in the Boston Seaport area, at the epicenter of the East Coast robotics hub. Nextera second location is in Cambridge, MA, on the MIT campus.
Nextera team is growing. Our doors are open for talented and ambitious software engineers with a background in autonomous systems/robotics/AI, as well as in full-stack web development. Join Nextera Robotics to take part in challenging, high-stakes robotics projects, build intelligent automation, take part in the AI revolution in robotics.