We’re building dev tools (e.g. APIs) for the $12T construction industry. We're making it easier for SaaS Companies to build better software faster, and equipping construction companies (e.g. General Contractors) with world-class data infra tools.
At each stage, we decide within 24hrs and update you shortly after.
Phone Screen (15-30min.):
- We'll have an informal chat for you to learn more about the role.
- You’re welcome to ask lots of questions about whether working at Agave makes sense for you.
- We'll ask for background on your past projects. We want to know that you can code, and speak about your work clearly.
Tech Assessment (1hr screen, OR 5hr take-home project):
- The next step is a take-home exercise. Completing this accelerates our decision (skipping further vetting of your coding chops) and allows us to focus later interviews on your solution.
- We'll answer any questions for this challenge to ensure it's engaging and collaborative.
- If you can't complete the take-home exercise, we're open to scheduling a 1hr tech screen. We'll cover one systems design question and one coding exercise. We'll have less info on your coding ability, so will dive deeper into this during our later interviews.
Interview (1hr x 5 people):
- You'll interview with each co-founder and our lead dev. This will be a deeper dive into your technical abilities and overall fit. Each interview is 1hr, 45min for our quesitons and 15min for yours.
- For the technical portion:
Systems Design: you'll be asked questions to identify trade-offs when building systems that collect, store, and present data.
Coding Exercise: you'll be asked questions about how you write, test, and debug solutions, and identify tradeoffs.
- For the “fit” portion:
- We look for examples of ownership and autonomy, but also dig deeper into communication (i.e. how you communicate your approach, solutions, and overall thinking).