$80k - $160k • 0.50% - 2.50%
Basis is a platform for building end-to-end data pipelines ridiculously fast — everything from ingestion to ETL, machine learning, automation, and reverse ETL in a unified framework with no data engineering required.
Data tools on the market today are all about managing your data as exhaust. We're building Basis for a new era where businesses use data as fuel for their operations — embracing both analytical and operational paradigms in a single product.
Nearly all companies today operate on the same SaaS platforms with common schemas, and are trying to solve the same data problems — we're uniquely positioned to win in a new market of cloneable end-to-end data solutions!
We're industry veterans who have built production data solutions at Google, Square, and our previous startups, and we're going after the +$100B business automation market with a data-driven, API-first product that gives data developers superpowers.
For more about us - www.getbasis.com
What working with us is like
We're currently a remote team with a HQ in San Francisco and a small team throughout the world. We will always have a remote culture and will hire talented people regardless of location, but we prefer candidates in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate.
What we're looking for
- Experience implementing and scaling production data systems
- Expert with databases, cloud infra, ML infra
- Experience with the vendor landscape (postgres, redshift, snowflake)
- A knack for good architectural decisions learned from past experience
- Build yourself — and every data engineer — out of a job
- Take full ownership of our data infrastructure. This year we'll have hundreds of companies running their data systems through our web app. The app orchestrates millions of jobs across TBs of data we manage with code!
What we can offer
- As an early hire, a substantial equity package
- Competitive cash pay
- All of the standard benefits
We currently have an React/Django app that runs on top of our Python based open source core, Basis.
As a first technical hire, we're looking for someone to take ownership for our web app. If you think Node/React is a better fit given our technical challenges, let's do it.
Immediately, we're looking for someone lead development in both an architect, contributor and manager (outsource) capacity. In the long run, you chart your own course - be a leader, manager, or an independent contributor.
We live and work in a way that fits our lifestyles — flexible hours and time-off, remote and in-office as it makes sense. When in our Presidio office, you'll be sitting next to both founders - overhearing Chris' customer calls and discussion architecture considerations with Ken.
We're looking forward to growing the team. We look forward to hear from you!