Full Stack Developer
0.05% - 0.20%
Scispot is a fully configurable digital operating platform that digitizes and templatizes life science R&D, automates repetitive operational tasks, and connects with partners in one spot. By creating a connected digital replica of an entire life science company, the platform enables on-demand access to the company's data, resources, and external partners.
We are a fast growing life science SaaS company. Our mission is to scale and grow a biotech company the way a tech company does. Our co-founders bring a rich blend of Biotech expertise, Product lifecycle and growth expertise and of course Silicon Valley Tech expertise. We are super passionate about what we do and what we’re trying to build at this company.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help build a scalable platform in a public cloud environment. You’ll be directly reporting to the CTO of the company and own the software development life cycle of the frontend as well as components of the middleware and backend end to end.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. Given that we are still a startup, we are looking for self-starters and self-motivated candidates who not only possess the technical abilities necessary for the role, but also are able to think big picture and long-term.
- Work with other developers, CTO and the Product organization to conceptualize and realize components/features for the frontend
- Contribute to architecture and overall design of the platform
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design with guidance from the Product organization
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective and scalable APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design as well as a web responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing web and/or mobile applications
- Familiarity working in a public cloud environment (eg, AWS)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL and NoSQL) and UI/UX design (eg, Figma)
- Familiarity with designing and building APIs (eg, REST API’s, gRPC endpoints)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Big picture thinking with attention to detail
- Organizational skills and an analytical mind
- Experience working in a agile startup environment
- Experience with breaking requirements into sizable chunks of achievable milestones
- Degree in Computer Science, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Statistics or relevant fields
Nice to have
- Devops tools (eg, Terraform, Cloudformation, Hashicorp utils, etc)
- Message bus technologies (eg, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Multi-tenant application experience
- Data and Infrastructure security expertise
- Machine Learning model development
We use AWS as our primary hosting service.
Our tech stack comprises of a Next.js frontend web app. On the backend, we use a NoSQL database (AWS DynamoDB) which is fronted by a GraphQL database abstraction API layer. We also use AWS Lambda as the middleware for our platform.
To manage our user authentication, authorization and signups, we use AWS Cognito in combination with AWS IAM.