Senior Software Engineer
$120k - $140k • 0.50% - 1.50%
Our mission is to empower everyone to responsibly solve problems with data.
After working at companies such as Palantir and McKinsey and working with customers struggling with data problems, we discovered companies need to expose data and analytics to their own customers.
Not only do companies themselves want to analyze and utilize the data they collect, but more and more, their customers want access to that same data. Current embedded analytics tools require immense setup costs and aren't designed specifically for customer-facing analytics. Explo is the easiest way to set up your customer-facing dashboards and share reports and data with your customers.
We're looking for a software engineer to join the founding team! Focused in data analytics and business intelligence software, our product enables teams to build custom dashboards with a no-code interface, saving them months of engineering time. As one of our first engineering hires, you will be an integral contributor to our company — from leading product development to guiding engineering decisions.
As a Founding Software Engineer at Explo:
- You will own projects from start to finish; this means you will collaborate with the design team and customers to understand their needs and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- You will be expected to contribute cross-functionally to drive business decisions outside of engineering — from defining our product roadmap, to developing our go-to-market strategy.
- You will work hands-on to translate design concepts and customer needs into working software.
- You will be responsible for high quality design and engineering practices. This includes participation in key project phases: ideation, architecture design, implementation, and testing.
- You will have the ownership and responsibility to take charge and accelerate your career that comes with a scaling company.
- You’re an engineer (full stack or front end preferred) with 3+ years of software experience.
- You have strong product sensibilities and take just as much pride in the user experience of your product as its performance.
- You’re ready to become an individual contributor in a fast-paced and motivated startup environment.
We are a YCombinator backed startup with over $2.5M funded. While many of us are based in SF and NYC (with plans of co-working spaces post-pandemic), we operate fully remotely. We offer competitive cash compensation, meaningful equity, full benefits and much more.
We are building a web app with modern technologies: React/typescript frontend and Django/python backend. We also deeply integrate with data warehouses like BigQuery, RedShift, and Snowflake.
Explo has been a great way to learn about modern data infrastructure and help build on top of the newest tech.