[India] FamPay- Site Reliability Engineer
FamPay is India’s first payment app for teenagers and their families. With FamPay, minors can do UPI, P2P and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. FamPay allows parents to send money to their kids below the age of 18, which they can spend securely any time, anywhere, under parent’s supervision. FamPay aims at making payments smooth and fun for children.
Skills: Django, Python, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
About FamPay FamPay is India’s first neobank for teenagers. With FamPay, teens can save, earn and pay using UPI, P2P and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. They get a personalised UPI ID, numberless debit card and a payment link as well. FamPay aims at making banking smooth and fun for children. Users send money with FamPay just like they send pictures on Instagram.
Founded by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, we are on a mission to drive 250 Million+ Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long term interest.
About this role We are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. Exceptional & methodical problem solving abilities will be critical for success, as will be a focus on quality.
In our environment, quality is everyone’s responsibility, passion is key, innovation and creativity is encouraged. We are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time.
- Supporting the engineering team in building highly fault-tolerant and scalable applications
- Developing tools to ensure our services can scale and are highly available
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call rotation, helping support team and maintain production systems
- Day to day development support and monitoring of production server and network environments by developing and deploying logging and monitoring tools
- Developing applications to increase code quality throughout our codebase
- Supporting disaster recovery, backup, redundancy and capacity planning activities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning 10.Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Self-directed work style with minimum supervision
- Solid understanding and expertise of Linux operating system, performance tuning and configuration including the automated installation, jumpstart, kickstart configuration, etc.
- Experience in automating infrastructure deployment and lifecycle
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels. Ability to create simple procedural documents
- Good team player, self-starter, goal oriented, open minded, flexible and customer focused
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian
- A strong background in at least one of Python, Django, Go or Java
- A strong background in one of the following: database administration, Kafka, observability tools (such as Prometheus or Zipkin) or infrastructure automation. Experience with AWS or GCP is essential
- Experience or knowledge of container orchestration tools, e.g. Kubernetes
Apply only if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant field
- Proven 1 to 2 years of working experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong communication and analytical/problem-solving skills
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that find purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
- Competitive Salary
- Gadgets of your choice
- Medical Insurance
- Books of your choice
- Fitness Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
India’s first numberless card Are numbers really required on the card when transacting offline? 🤔 With FamCard’s sleek, black, and numberless design, it not only matches the GenZ's aesthetic style and resonates with their vibe, but also takes security to a whole new level.
FamCard has a special feature called “Flash PIN”, which is dynamic and is generated for every transaction. Teens can just flash this PIN to the cashier without the need of entering the PIN by themselves, allowing for true contactless payments amidst COVID-19. For issuing cards, we have partnered with IDFC Bank. While users get a virtual card instantly on signing up, the physical cards can be ordered through the app.
Everything UPI without a bank account 100M+ adults are paying through UPI, but 250M+ teens are not because they don’t have a bank account. They’ve smartphones, they’re using the internet, they’re tech-savvy, but still, they don’t have access to it because most of them don’t have bank accounts. Well, it changes now! With FamPay, for the first time in India, teens can now get their own personalised UPI ID, without having a bank account! Can you believe this? Such a tech-savvy audience was not on UPI.
Customer Love The app has 500k+ downloads and a lot of users who love FamPay with 4.6+ on PlayStore (25k+ reviews).
Come join us on this exciting rocketship journey of innovation and creating impact.
Built entirely on Python/ Django with 3 microservices and Native iOS and Android. We are looking for builders of the 1st order. The ones who get a rush from creating things from scratch and take pleasure in watching users try to tear it apart through sheer volume and strange, unthinkable use cases. And when it breaks, they cannot sleep without finding that pesky little condition in some forgotten corner. Let's get on the ship together?