Backend Software Engineer for Top Social App Fam (Series A)
Fam is the best way to socialize on your phone in a way that's most similar to interacting in real life. We’re a social network that helps you connect with friends and new people through live video chat. We believe that the way people socially interact on their phones is fundamentally broken, and causing widespread anxiety, insecurity, and loneliness - and we have the foundation to solve that for an entire generation.
We recently hit the top of the App Store charts, and are showing early retention that mirrors Instagram in 2012 (75% d1/50% flat lined), with an average time spent of 30 minutes per user per day.
We’re building a distributed team with hubs in New York City and Los Angeles. As founders, we’ve led Product, Engineering, and Design teams at Instagram and Facebook. We’ve raised more than $3.5 million in funding from leading investors including Pear, Greylock, Y Combinator, and the early investors in Facebook.
Skills: Kubernetes, Node.js, Redis, TypeScript, Google Cloud
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer with experience building consumer apps to join our team. Bonus if you've worked with video, social, or realtime systems. As a member of the engineering team you'll collaborate directly with our founders and design/data teams to understand, design, build, and test new product features from conception to roll out. Every week you'll ship new experiences to hundreds of thousands of users and see the impact directly.
We've raised over $18M to win socializing online for an entire generation. We work with many amazing investors including Founders Fund, Greylock, Pear, and the early investors in Facebook.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to be at the ground floor of a generational Social Network. We’re a creative and fast-moving team that’s passionate about unlocking the full potential of technology to help people connect. If you are a human centric product thinker, and driven by impact at scale, we’d love to work with you!
🎉 What You'll Do 🎉
- You'll own and drive product strategy across our stack to build new capabilities that make our app more performant, scalable, and delightful.
- You'll grow as an engineer and a person - we're looking for passionate people who want to work with an incredible team on a problem that they really care about. You'll be stretched in new ways to do what you might think was impossible before.
- You'll create something meaningful - we truly believe technology is meant to help people form and maintain the most meaningful relationships in their lives. That's the product we're building here.
- You'll have the opportunity for outsized impact across several areas both now and in the future. Within our rapidly growing product/team, there are plenty of areas to evolve into a leadership or more principal focused role, or gain the experience necessary to be an exceptional founder one day.
🎉 What We Value 🎉
- You have 3+ years experience building and scaling high-quality, maintainable, products from the client to the server.
- You appreciate good design and you get excited to translate that into functional experiences that people use every day.
- You are a human-centric product thinker who loves thinking about how technology can best be used to enhance peoples' lives.
- You love what you do - you love using your technical skillset and knowledge to create well-crafted products that create meaningful value for people.
🎉 Perks of working with us 🎉
- Employee equity plan
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans
- We care more about your ability to learn and execute than what degree you hold or what college you attended
- We're biased toward action and ship product very fast and very often
🌈 We strongly encourage women, men, non-binary, trans, parents, non-parents, and people of all ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations to apply.
iOS, Swift, Node.js, Firebase, Computer Vision