Senior Software Engineer, Data Acquisition and Control
As a vertically integrated technology platform, Relativity is at the forefront of an inevitable shift toward software-defined manufacturing. By fusing 3D printing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics, we are pioneering the factory of the future.
We are working on some of the most challenging problems facing humanity. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, we are at the forefront of an inevitable shift toward software-defined manufacturing and building the first entirely 3D printed rocket to Mars. Relativity is reinventing how space is accessed to expand the possibilities of human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Come build the future of humanity in space with us.
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a talented and relentless Senior Software Engineer to join our Avionics and Integrated Software team. As part of our Test and Launch software team, you will be responsible for software tools and integration of the systems that form the cornerstone of our Data Acquisition and Control Systems. These systems operate our one-of-a-kind 3D printed engines in our test facilities, as well as the entire vehicle system on the launch pad. Day to day you will get to work in a dynamic environment and directly impact the development and testing of flight hardware for the Terran 1 launch vehicle. This position requires a broad knowledge of software tools and frameworks, a focus on your users’ needs, and dedicated improvement of software quality and test operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
We’re trying to re-imagine the way rockets are built, and this doesn’t just apply to our 3D printers. We also are building a software team to take new approaches to Data Acquisition and Control Systems (DACS) that scale better, provide fast iteration, and quick startup.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Develop automation frameworks that enable efficient data acquisition, post-processing, and test execution.
- Develop software tools that manage software configuration and deployment, and take charge of our continuous integration and release system.
- Evaluate and select software tools and frameworks that will maximize automation of test operations while minimizing the amount of in-house software development.
- Identify project priorities, software requirements and design constraints with team members across multiple disciplines, andtranslate those into minimum viable software products to get to first launch.
- Support test readiness reviews (TRR) and software verification efforts to ensure efficient execution of test operations – prior to and during day-of-test-operations.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and mentorship of software engineers.
- LA based candidates will have 25% travel to Stennis, MS.
You have ideally built real time data acquisition, monitoring and control systems that are robust and maintainable. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production environments. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
*Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to highly critical, fault-tolerant software systems.
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems, computer architecture, networks and databases.
- Minimum of 4+ years of industry experience and a B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, math, or ⋅⋅* science discipline OR 6+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web-server, relational databases, and client-side/front-end.
- Experience as an architect and proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable distributed systems that meet current and future needs.
- Experience working directly with database systems at scale, and a knowledge of query execution and optimization.
- Good system engineering, version control (GIT or Subversion), and configuration management skills. Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with industrial automation systems, including HMI/UI/UX design, SCADA systems (Inductive Automation Ignition 8.0+ preferred), andindustrial PC’s and PLC’s (such as Wago/CoDeSys or Beckhoff/TwinCAT).
- Knowledge of DDS, MQTT, ROS, OPC-UA or other related publisher-subscriber communication protocols.
- Aerospace industry experience not required.
- Relocation assistance available