Emerge is a suite of developer tools designed to supercharge mobile apps and the teams that build them.
In less than three years, Emerge has already been adopted by many of the best mobile teams in the world such as: DoorDash, Square, Airbnb, Duolingo, Dropbox, Bumble and Stripe.
Our team is small, technically experienced and tight knit. We're fully remote spanning from Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston and New York, but love to spend time in person together so we try to have a company retreat a few times a year.
Emerge is backed by top VCs like Y Combinator, Matrix Partners, Haystack Fund and Liquid 2 Ventures.
Emerge was featured in TechCrunch and picked as one of their favorite companies after YC's Demo Day.
If there is no posted role that fits what you're looking for but you're passionate about joining, please reach out
Skills: React, TypeScript, Figma, CSS, Node.js, Serverless, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
What we’re looking for
A crucial component of Emerge is our web platform. Developers can do something as simple as view dashboards and insights or as complicated as analyzing data visualizations with our X-Ray and Flamegraph features. In addition to our web platform, we also have pages like our landing, blog and deep-dives which are frequently featured on the front page of Hacker News, but admittedly need some tlc.
Our whole team likes to contribute to the frontend, but none of us are experts. We're looking for someone to lead Emerge's frontend development and design.
An ideal candidate
- Thrives in a fast moving, self-starter environment (we strive for a culture similar to Gitlab, but adapted for a small team)
- A strong eye for design with the ability to balance practicality, functionality & aesthetics (Figma experience is a plus)
- Extensive experience with Next.js, React, Tailwind and Typescript
- 401k Matching: Match 100% up to the first 6% of pay
- Charity Matching: Up to $1,000 a year matched to the charity of your choice
- Top-tier Insurance: Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO: Flexible time off to ensure work-life balance
- Personal CPA: Up to $500 a year reimbursed for an accountant for your personal taxes
Our process can be flexible and dependent on the candidate, but here's a quick general overview:
- Initial screening call with Josh
- 50 minute technical interview with Ryan/Trevor
- 50 minute system design interview with Trevor/Ryan
- Technical chat with Noah
- Deeper culture, product & technical conversation with Josh
During our interview process you'll be talking directly with the people that you'll be working closely with every day. Typically we try to make decisions within 3 weeks, but can be flexible on timelines!