Weav is expanding financial access for small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs, and other creators in the digital economy by building the first-ever universal API for commerce platforms. Our API allows businesses and individuals selling on platforms such as Square, Stripe, and Shopify to securely share real-time, standardized commerce data with fintech companies, financial institutions, and other service providers. In turn, these providers are able to deliver greater access to capital, better financing terms, and more tailored products.
We care deeply about cultivating an inclusive working environment and believe that building great financial products is only possible with a diverse set of voices. We're a mission-driven team working on making access to financial products more equitable. If you're excited by the prospect of building the new infrastructure of the digital economy, join us!
Skills: Go, MySQL, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As one of the first engineers at Weav, you will shape both our codebase and our culture. We are looking for individuals who are excited about building robust and scalable backend systems while also being flexible to customer needs. We are a small and fast-moving team and expect engineers to take ownership of their work from testing to deployment. We believe in the importance of mentorship and professional development, so if you join us, you can expect to build strong relationships with our experienced leadership and tight-knit engineering team.
🔎 Who we’re looking for:
- You are excited about building fintech infrastructure to handle the data and analysis of businesses worldwide
- You are interested in contributing to the product feedback loop from design through implementation
- You are thrilled about working in a fast-paced startup environment
💻 Skills and qualities that help you succeed:
- You have 2+ years building and shipping backend features and maintaining production infrastructure; familiarity with Python / Go is a plus
- You have experience working with MySQL in production
- You know the importance of writing tests and you QA your code before release
- You're a great communicator and can give and receive feedback constructively
- You have experience integrating with third-party APIs
💪 A few perks of working with us:
- We take care of our team: In addition to a fair and competitive salary, we give everyone — regardless of role or seniority — equity in the company. For us, this isn’t just about attracting the best people or incentive alignment, it is core to our ethos of financial inclusion. We believe that Weav can only succeed if our team succeeds, and we want the reverse to be true as well. We also provide health insurance, including dependent coverage, and parental leave because we know our team can only do their best work if they feel financially secure.
- We are remote friendly: Rather than restrict ourselves to talent in one city, we want to find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. We offer a stipend to spruce up your home office and provide access to a global WeWork membership. Our remote-first culture also means our team members can travel to and work from anywhere!
- But we love meeting in person (when it is safe to do so!): To build great relationships across our team, we meet up quarterly in exciting locales. We prefer to invest in memorable team events over expensive offices. While we are still dealing with the constraints of Covid, we've been using our creativity to keep our team's bonds strong. (Zoom happy hours get a bad rap, but our virtual game nights receive rave reviews!)
- And we take time to recharge: We encourage everyone on the team to create balance in their lives. We know we can only consistently contribute our best if we take care of ourselves. We provide unlimited vacation days and we encourage each other to actually make use of them.
If you're interested, apply above or send us a note at [email protected].
Weav is an API-driven and developer-first company. We are building robust and scalable financial data infrastructure and using complex ML-based analysis to better understand businesses, determine risk, and reduce fraud.