Senior Software Engineer
$0 - $0 • 0.00% - 0.00%
Nurx is reinventing healthcare, by making it easier to get vital medications and tests delivered straight to your door. Learn what it's like to work at Nurx, and check out opportunities in San Francisco, Miami, and Syracuse.
We’re a mission driven company disrupting the healthcare industry. Join us in revolutionizing primary care starting with birth control, HPV testing, PrEP for HIV prevention, and STI testing and treatment. We are growing on a daily basis, expanding our team and offerings. You have the opportunity to make a huge impact that is felt throughout the entire company. New challenges present themselves and we tackle them with rigor and passion.
Our team values autonomy, diversity, happiness, empathy for our users, transparency, curiosity, and health and wellness.
As an early team member, you can shape the way patients throughout the country receive their medication. We are a roll up your sleeves team who is looking for like-minded individuals to join!
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies. We are creating a platform where doctors can give more patients personalized care at lower costs, and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system, and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP. And we need you to continue to make this happen.
We are currently looking for experienced full stack Software Engineers to join our growing engineering team. You'll be responsible for technical decisions that impact our Ember web app, building our API framework and the platform that powers prescribing and fulfillment. Candidates for this role will be passionate about system design, well written code, and testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
What you'll do:
- Architect/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of platform components.
- Build front end and backend components of an evolving real-time web application.
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy & decisions.
- Quality & high standards really matter to us - you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Ensure performance scalability, availability & security in everything you do.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and white-boarding sessions.
- Someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience working for a tech-focused company.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. Experiencing writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree.
- Strong architecture and system design skills.
- Write readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- You are someone that challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA