Senior Software Engineer
$0 - $0 • 0.00% - 0.00%
Our team builds APIs that power the offline world. We started with our print and mail API, which helps developers programmatically send, route, and track physical mail at scale. As a member of our software engineering team, you’ll design and implement great products on a modern infrastructure. You’ll take ownership of web-scale engineering challenges that affect millions of people. We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, and Illinois. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
Our engineering team is collaborative, inclusive, autonomous, agile, direct, and kind. We recognize how lucky we are to work at a fast-growth startup, so we have fun while we work and give back to the world. We believe that diverse backgrounds and ideas result in better products and outcomes. Inc. Magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for 2018.
About the Team
Delivery Engine is one of the core engineering teams at Lob. This team owns and maintains the Print & Mail pipeline which is the core of our business. We are responsible for fulfillment of millions of mail orders created by our customers every month. In 2017, we fulfilled 25M mail pieces and nearly tripled it by fulfilling about 70M in 2018. In 2019, we're expected to fulfill over 100M mail pieces and as of September 20th, we've already fulfilled over 85M of them. We scaled our end-to-end mail processing pipeline by over 10x over the past year in order to meet our ever-growing business. We helped unlock a new revenue stream by building an international print and mail delivery network capable of supporting both US and international originating mail. We partner with our Operations team to build our global print and mail delivery network, the backbone of our business. While we scaled our end-to-end mail processing pipeline over 10x in the past year, some of the challenges we're currently working on revolve around reliability, automations and optimizations to help us operate at scale and scale further seamlessly to support an ever-growing business.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Lob, you’ll...
- Research, design, and build solutions to original problems pertaining to existing and new APIs. Everyone on our team gets to take ownership of problems—not just the most senior or tenured engineers.
- Contribute to codebases in Node, Elixir, or Go in a hybrid microservices and serverless ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Lob’s Operations team and external print partners to grow our global print and mail delivery network.
- Ingest and process reporting for millions of mail orders every day to give a mail piece by mail piece status to our customers.
- Build tooling for Lob’s Operations team to help them manage our entire Print & Mail delivery network.
- Work on exciting problems that revolve around safe & secure rendering of mail pieces, intelligent routing mechanisms, to name a few.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout Lob to troubleshoot business challenges, remove bottlenecks, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Measure the effectiveness of our engineering work, and use data to drive decisions to help our customers.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
For this role, we're looking for...
- 4+ years of full-stack (backend, frontend, and database) experience in a modern web framework. Show us how you’ve used technology to solve problems.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they’re a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You have Strong Opinions about what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.