$0 - $0 • 0.00% - 0.00%
Skills: Python, C, Redis, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), GraphQL, React, TypeScript
Culture Biosciences grows organisms for biotech companies. We've built the first cloud bioreactor facility. Here’s how it works:
- Our customers are experts in DNA design -- they send us their genetically engineered organisms for testing.
- We grow their cells in our bioreactors to examine the efficacy of different protocols and their effect on yield and productivity.
- Our customers monitor the state of things live via our website. At the end we send them some samples for storage or more custom analysis.
Our customers genetically modify organisms to produce new therapeutics, materials, fuels and foods. We help them quickly run experiments and develop manufacturing processes so they can get their products to market faster. We've built proprietary software and automation systems to make operating our bioreactors more efficient than existing systems. We also provide customers with new software tools that help them analyze and contextualize their data. We are currently serving a number of biotech customers and scaling out our infrastructure.
We are a Bay Area company backed by leading venture funds including YCombinator and Verily Life Sciences. We are made up of mechanical, software, biomedical and chemical engineers who worked previously at Google X, Facebook, MIT, CalTech, Bristol Myers Squibb, and Lawrence Berkeley National Labs. Our team is passionate about enabling high-throughput, reproducible science. We value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, and collaboration. We're also committed to building a diverse team.
We are looking for a software engineer who wants to build the software platform that will transform biomanufacturing. You will collaborate with electrical, mechanical, biological, and chemical engineers to build our core technology. Your work will quickly impact cutting edge biotechnology companies by helping them get their products to market faster and more efficiently.
We have new and interesting software challenges. Our problems are more than scaling a web service: we model biological processes and operate mission-critical software within bioreactors that sometimes get wet.
You will work directly with our CTO and other members of our small, but growing, software team to design and build all aspects of our software; from the code running on our custom bioreactors, to the customer interface, to the simulation of biological processes.
What you’ll do:
- Help define our software engineering culture.
- Proactively solve the problems most important to the business.
- Write high quality software.
- Do code reviews.
- Learn about fermentation, biomanufacturing, and biotechnology.
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of fermentation.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person, not a “resource”.
Projects on our horizon:
- Writing a new API on which all future tools will be built.
- Developing new data visualization and analysis tools for our customers.
- Creating an internal operations platform to reduce the person-hours spent on each experiment.
- Writing the low level software to define and control automation processes in our facility.
- And much, much more.
- You have at least three years of experience in software development.
- You’re proactive and enjoy thinking about the big picture.
- You’re kind, curious and enjoy learning new things.
- You’re product focused. You think about the perspectives of end users even when it might not be expected of you.
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end users.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Health insurance (PPO), Dental, Vision, and Life.
- PTO: 3 weeks and 10 days of company holidays.
- Parental leave policy: 12 weeks. Full salary paid.
- We offer free, onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee as well as a gym with showers and classes.
- We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and improves the diversity of our industry as a whole. We look forward to working with scientists and engineers from all walks of life. Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.