Skills: Python, SQL
RevenueCat makes building, analyzing, and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 60 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join one of our Product teams and help build new systems and features, improve our existing infrastructure, and ultimately help developers make more money.
- You love making products for developers.
- You have 5+ years of proven experience working as a Backend engineer.
- You are comfortable writing and debugging SQL, bonus points if it's PostgreSQL.
- You have experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs, Python experience is a plus.
- You are a collaborative builder and like to build systems with other engineers in mind.
- You don't scoff at unglamorous engineering tasks, yaks don't shave themselves.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You have deep empathy for the user.
- You know when to seek assistance, and it's typically to discuss tradeoffs.
- Experience building mobile apps is a plus.
In the first month, you'll:
- Get up to speed on our architecture and learn the problem domain
- Implement your first pull request and deploy to our 100's of millions of API consumers
- Begin reviewing code and add to our engineering culture
Within the first 3 months, you'll:
- Scope and implement new functionality in our codebase
- Learn the basics of incident response, and be part of the on-call rotation
- Make improvements to how we test, review, and ship code to improve quality
Within the first 6 months, you'll:
- Be the most knowledgeable person on several key features
- Help build and make changes to the RevenueCat dashboard
- Know all the major components of our system and be able to debug complex issues
- Have your own initiatives for improving the code base and our infrastructure
- Be able detect bottlenecks, profile, and come up with enhancements
Within the first 12 months, you'll:
- Be able to spec, architect, and build any feature we might want to build
- Mentor other engineers joining the team
- Know more about PostgreSQL than anyone ever should
What we offer:
- $200,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth
We have an API, a web dashboard, and a proliferation of mobile SDKs.
The API is Flask + PSQL, the web dashboard is a React app, and the mobile SDKs are written in whatever language the target platform is.
Our API has to deal with a massive amount of requests and there are going to be many interesting scaling problems in the future for us.
On the mobile SDK side, it is a great challenge in providing sane and native-feeling SDKs to many platforms. A great opportunity for a polyglot who cares about developer experience.