HomeRoom is a two-sided residential real estate marketplace for room by room rentals. We help our rental investors make 50% more rent and our tenants save 50% on rent.
Our mission is to solve the affordable housing crisis. Rents throughout the US are way too high, and we believe increasing rental utilization of existing assets is critical in solving the crisis.
Rents with Homeroom are typically 50% less than a 1 bedroom apartment in the same area. We're crazy passionate about up-leveling the experience for everyone- owners AND renters.
HomeRoom is a Y-Combinator-backed residential real estate marketplace that simplifies remote investing and streamlines affordable renting. Our platform currently has 750 units in 31 cities across six major metros. We’ve housed more than 1,000 people in HomeRooms (tour a HomeRoom here), and we expect this number to reach 50,000 by 2024. We have raised a seed round and are looking to grow extremely quickly. Take a virtual tour of one of our homes here --> https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VV2G8KBxmMk.
About us: HomeRoom is Y-Combinator-backed residential real estate marketplace that simplifies remote investing and streamlines affordable renting. Our platform currently has 750 units in 31 cities across six major metros. We’ve housed more than 1,000 people in HomeRooms (tour a HomeRoom here), and we expect this number to reach 50,000 by 2024. We have raised a seed-round and are looking to grow extremely quickly. Take a virtual tour of one of our homes here --> https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VV2G8KBxmMk
We want to be in every major metro in the US in the next five years. We believe cities are best when people can afford to live there, and our goal is to be an instrumental part of housing innovation to make that happen at scale. We move incredibly fast while remaining dedicated to our mission - to change the way people rent.
Working here: We have a high bar and a bias for action, which has enabled us to expand rapidly. Our team spans 12 countries across 4 continents, each person bringing a passion and a grit to build technology that impacts people's lives.
HomeRoom is looking for a proactive and results-driven Customer Success Manager to engage, retain and ensure a best-in-class customer experience for our customers. The ideal candidate will be a people person and thrive in building communities by providing an unsurpassed level of service throughout the duration of our customer’s journey.
● Engage in regular customer support through all company communication channels (SMS, emails, and phone calls)
● Provide empathetic, responsive, and effective communication to provide support and problem/resolution to over 1,000 tenants
● Assist in the planning and execution of online events, roommate activities, facilitate roommate communication and a ‘healthy’ community
● Maintain detail-oriented documentation for all customer interactions ● Engage in ongoing platform and process implementations to enhance the customer experience ● Work cross departmentally to collaborate on maintenance reports, credit disputes, billable charges and roommate reports.
● Ability to produce graphs and tables, use spreadsheets efficiently, and preform calculations and automation to process large volumes of data
● 3+ years’ experience as a customer service manager
● Experience starting or working at a growing early-stage startup
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● A keen sense of empathy and understanding
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, daily and high priority tasks
● Have a creative and growth mindset
● Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of a startup
Terraform, AWS, GSuite, currently building own version of website in web-flow & React.