Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to save engineers from building in-house data pipelines, by building one automated data pipeline that everyone can use. Every single company that uses SaaS tools to run their business will eventually need to analyze the data that sits in those tools. Fivetran unlocks this data with automated connectors that converts messy, chaotic APIs into normalized, standard schemas.
Fivetran is looking for ambitious, independent software engineers who want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. You'll work on our core data pipeline and the connectors that bring in data from the 30+ sources we support. We're looking for people who can understand the key values that make our product great, and implement those values in the many small decisions you make every day as a developer:
- You'll be working with Cloud APIs, SQL and noSQL databases, events, filestores, AWS lambda, and other sources
- You'll be working on the core data pipeline that moves terabytes of data from all our customers to their data warehouses.
- You will process the data into clean, incremental, automated updates.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Create a new source connector within the first 2 months
- Start contributing to bug fixes and features by month 3
- Develop general awareness of all areas of Fivetran's code base and infrastructure by month 3
- Start participating in our on-call rotation by month 3
- Start contributing to hiring by participating in the interview process by month 4
- Develop deep expertise in at least 5 areas of code and infrastructure by month 6
- Develop a new major feature by month 8
- Lead a major project to successful completion by month 12
- Writes well-structured and performant code
- Are able to specify a software and infrastructure design to satisfy project requirements
- Works well in a team *Mentors junior developers
- Can troubleshoot problems with existing code and systems
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Unlimited/flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
We've built a huge product with a small team by dividing our platform into simple, independent pieces and building our software in a disciplined, pragmatic way. We use Java, Google Cloud Platform, PostgreSQL, and React.