Homebase is a novel home-financing tech startup tackling the millennial ownership crisis across Southeast Asia, starting with Vietnam. We use a combination of technology and financing to co-invest in your home so you can move in today.
The company is founded in Singapore and is one of the region’s fastest growing companies, disrupting a traditional trillion-dollar industry, and backed by some of the world’s leading VC’s and founders of billion-dollar companies. Homebase was named as one of the “Top 50 PropTech companies in the World” by the prestigious Silicon Valley powerhouse Plug and Play.
Homebase (YC W21) is a real estate technology company from Singapore that aims to solve one of the biggest socio-economic problems of our generation: Homeownership.
Our obsession with execution excellence, asymmetric access to international capital, and relentless, world-class talents are the unfair advantages that made us the most valuable proptech in Vietnam within a mere span of just 2+ years.
We are backed by leading global investors, such as Y Combinator, VinaCapital, Goodwater Capital, Ace & Co., and Antler; and are advised by founders and senior executives from some of the world’s largest and most successful tech companies, such as Alibaba, PropertyGuru, Opendoor, and Divvy Homes.
Homebase’s team hails from prestigious international organizations, such as Harvard, Stanford, McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, etc. We believe in hiring only top talents and historically accept only ~1% of all applicants. As a company, we are forward-looking and embrace diversity and remote-working.
Our Company Culture
To learn more about what it's like to work at Homebase and our culture, please see here.
Homebase is looking for a talented candidate to join us as an MBA Intern, Strategic Operations & Corporate Development. This is a highly selective job opening.
Working directly with the Board of Directors and Senior Corporate Development personnel, the MBA Intern, Strategic Operations & Corporate Development is responsible for serving as the connective tissue of a cross-functional team to deliver strategic projects, as well as finding and raising capital from high-networth individuals on a global scale.
You will have the following responsibilities:
Strategic Operations (70%):
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities;
- Serve as liaison between founders, senior leaders, and staff in coordinating flawless execution of high-priority projects;
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within scope;
- Formulate project scopes and objectives while ensuring technical feasibility;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Communicate project progress directly to founders and devise project strategy in tandem.
Corporate Development (30%):
- Source and acquire potential investors across Vietnam;
- Proactively develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential investors;
- Manage the coordination and presentation for investor meetings to forge win-win deals that can drive millions of dollars in capital growth for the Company;
- Work with senior management to design strategic investor acquisition plans that maximize new investment opportunities;
- Continuously strategize on tactics to scale investment from current and potential investors.
We are looking for candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing an MBA program with a track record of excellent academic performance;
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier local or international university;
- Direct experience in management consulting / operations / sales / partnership / fundraising / investor relations etc.;
- Network of and experience dealing with high-networth individuals would be a plus;
- Understanding of finance and capital markets would be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport and sustain effective working relationships with clients;
- Excellent command of English (both verbal and written).
We are looking for candidates who possess the following attributes:
- High-energy, team-first attitude: You’re motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
- Proactive and passionate: You’re independently capable of seeking information, solving complex problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Disciplined and responsible: You're highly independent in terms of prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- Innovative and adaptable: You're always seeking ways to innovate, improve, and automate your work in a professional and effective manner.
Benefits and Opportunities
Candidates will have unparalleled learning opportunities for learning and accelerated career growth working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment. As a member of the team, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Develop your core competencies in the areas of operations, project management, finance, business development, investment, and fund-raising;
- Work directly with our senior leadership team in operations and corporate development who have experience in strategic management and capital raising on the international scale;
- Take on high-impact projects that have the potential to drive millions of dollars in revenue for the business;
- Gain access to learning & development workshops and both executive and peer mentoring;
- Broaden your professional network in the areas of real estate, financial services, and technology;
- Work with world-class team members hailing from leading organizations, such as Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Harvard Business School, University of Pennsylvania, etc.
We offer candidates the following benefits:
- Standard Internship Package;
- Commission based on successful investment deals;
- Potential for conversion into a full-time role upon successful performance;
- Potential for attractive employee stock option package should performance be stellar;
- An accelerated career path with arguably the most exciting Proptech startup in Southeast Asia;
- Flexible working time.