Slai is building the developer-friendly machine learning platform. We’re a different type of ML platform that enables developers to build state-of-the-art machine learning apps into their products.
Machine learning is eating software, but it’s still difficult for developers to leverage ML in their products. Today, companies are spending months building their own ML platforms, or relying on outdated tools that were originally designed for academics. We have spent our careers building developer tools, and have experienced this problem first hand. The existing solutions for shipping ML models don’t work.
We believe that for ML to reach widespread adoption, the underlying tools need to be redesigned for developers. Slai is unique because the entire ML development process happens in the browser; we manage the runtime, datasets, source control, and underlying cloud infrastructure with a single tool.
Skills: Go, Kubernetes, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Slai is a tool to quickly build machine learning-powered applications. Our browser-based sandbox is the easiest way to build, deploy, and share machine learning models with zero setup. Here’s an example app on our platform.
Dozens of data teams are using Slai to power their machine learning models in production. And we have a thriving community of developers using our platform to build apps using state-of-the-art models, like Stable Diffusion and GPT-2.
Engineers on the team
- Work with Python, Django, Go, Kubernetes, React, Redis, and Postgres
- Spend time directly interacting with customers to understand their problems
- Share frequent and honest feedback with each other
- Fork open source libraries to solve challenges unique to our business
- Help guide product decisions and high-level strategy
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Resourceful self-starter - you're comfortable with ambiguity and figuring stuff out on your own
- Fluent with at least one of the following: Python, Go, Rust
- Comfortable provisioning infrastructure in the AWS console
- Excellent writing and communication skills - can distill complex topics into bullet points
- Enthusiasm for AI / ML and open source software
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Flexible work environment – work remotely, or from our HQ in Cambridge, MA
- Health, dental, and vision benefits with 90% coverage for you and 50% for dependents
- Weekly all-hands meetings each Friday
- Quarterly in-person trips
- Minimal meetings and obstructions -- we value the flow state
- Collaborative and transparent work environment -- we openly share our wins and our challenges and work through problems as a team
- Fitness stipend
- Much, much more
We're solving hard problems at the intersection of distributed systems and ML. You might work on solving problems like...
- How do we run multiple model deployments on a single GPU?
- How do we rapidly create and interact with virtual environments located on a remote server?
- How do we build our SDK to wrap the most popular ML libraries in a single interface?
- How do we elastically scale our instances to serve 0-1,000 RPS on a deployed ML model?
Our stack is Python/Django, Kubernetes/Knative, Postgres, Redis, on AWS.