Founding Engineer (Big Data) at Paces (S22)
$120k - $150k • 0.75% - 1.50%
Software identifying the best places for renewable projects.
Paces is software for renewable developers to identify the best places to build their projects.
🛠️ If you’re a builder who wants to actively construct a more climate positive future, join us!
🗺️ We are enabling the climate optimum use for all the world’s land.
🌞 We have paying renewable energy customers and are growing revenue each month.
📢 We raised $1.9M in a pre-seed, led by Resolute Ventures and Y Combinator.
About the role
🌳 About the Role
We’re looking for "a big data expert who builds scalable data solutions and manages infra" to join us as one of our first two hires.
🏆 What You’ll Achieve
- Lead technical design of our geophysical data platform
- Define how data flows and how infra is managed from scratch
- Initiate large scale ML modeling and engineering effort
- Define our engineering culture and best practices from the ground up
- Collaborate closely with our CTO and CEO and directly impact product roadmap
✨ About You
You are a strong engineer who moves fast while keeping scalability in mind. You will thrive in our culture if you:
- Have a strong bias towards action and prioritize execution above else
- Share our passion to build something that shapes the physical world in a positive way
- Easily handle the unstructured environment of fast moving startups
- Have the hunger to grow together with Paces as we scale up
- Fast-learner: you are proactive and able to pick up new things quickly
- Big data expert: you are experienced with building scalable spatial data solutions with PostGIS or other similar databases
- Familiar with Terraform + AWS: you are comfortable managing data and infra at scale using Terraform and AWS tools, such as EC2, ECS, Glue, EventBridge and RDS.
🚀 Bonus Points
- Previous experience with ML modeling and engineering
- Previous experience building and deploying on AWS
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
If you’re a builder who wants to actively construct a more positive climate future, join us! ✨
React.js, Mapbox GL JS, GeoDjang
PostGIS or other similar databases
Terraform + AWS ( EC2, ECS, Glue, EventBridge,RDS)