Homebase is a novel home-financing tech startup tackling the millennial ownership crisis across Southeast Asia, starting with Vietnam. We use a combination of technology and financing to co-invest in your home so you can move in today.
The company is founded in Singapore and is one of the region’s fastest growing companies, disrupting a traditional trillion-dollar industry, and backed by some of the world’s leading VC’s and founders of billion-dollar companies. Homebase was named as one of the “Top 50 PropTech companies in the World” by the prestigious Silicon Valley powerhouse Plug and Play.
Homebase (YC W21) is a real estate technology company from Singapore that aims to solve one of the biggest socio-economic problems of our generation: Homeownership.
Our obsession with execution excellence, asymmetric access to international capital, and relentless, world-class talents are the unfair advantages that made us the most valuable proptech in Vietnam within a mere span of just 2+ years.
Much of what we do is novel and has never been done before. From structuring multi-million dollar M&A deals to building groundbreaking technology, we’re re-creating the financial, technological, and operational future of real estate.
We are backed by leading global investors, such as Y Combinator, VinaCapital, Goodwater Capital, Ace & Co., and Antler; and are advised by founders and senior executives from some of the world’s largest and most successful tech companies, such as Alibaba, PropertyGuru, Opendoor, and Divvy Homes.
Homebase’s team hails from prestigious international organizations, such as Harvard, Stanford, McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, etc. We believe in hiring only top talents and historically accept only ~1% of all applicants. As a company, we are forward-looking and embrace diversity and remote-working.
Our Company Culture
To learn more about what it's like to work at Homebase and our culture, please see here
Homebase is looking for a talented candidate to join the team as an Office of the CEO Intern. The ideal candidate should be extremely organized, possess outstanding communication skills, and be able to lead and influence team members. The candidate will have a chance to work directly with core members of our high-performing team and will have the following responsibilities in regard to your strengths and preferences:
The Strategic Operations function is an exciting cross-functional position that will give you high visibility into multiple business units at Homebase. The position allows you to develop your leadership potential, manage projects end-to-end, and shape the future of Homebase.
- Serve as liaison between founders, senior leaders, and staff in coordinating flawless execution of high-priority projects;
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within scope;
- Formulate project scopes and objectives while ensuring technical feasibility;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Communicate project progress directly to founders and devise project strategy in tandem;
- Oversee daily operations by collaborating directly with founders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating meetings, taking notes, and scheduling facilities;
- Build and develop relationships with all staff to increase efficiency and responsiveness into existing operations;
- Develop and oversee internal communications (as required) on behalf of founders;
- Provide other ad hoc support to founders.
- Assist in all aspects of capital raising, whether that be debt or equity;
- Prepare important material for investors, banks, venture funds, and institutions alike;
- Improve operational efficiency pertaining to financial aspects, and devise strategies to reduce operating costs and increase revenue;
- Deliver strategic projects for Senior Management that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives;
- Manage financial/operational dashboards to monitor business line performance and analyze business drivers;
- Conduct market research and produce market reports;
- Other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
We are looking for candidates who fulfill the following criteria:
- Be able to commit at least 6 months;
- Background as juniors, seniors, or fresh graduates in areas such as business administration, economics, or related majors;
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.;
- Prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, startups, or other fast-paced roles is highly desirable;
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams is a plus.
We are looking for candidates who possess the following attributes:
- Concise and effective communications: You’re able to articulately present and debate recommendations with cross-functional teams and senior leadership in written and oral English and Vietnamese.
- High-energy, team-first attitude: You’re motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
- Proactive and passionate: You’re independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Disciplined and responsible: You're highly independent in terms of prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- Innovative and adaptable: You have impeccable attention to detail and high internal standards for work. You're always seeking ways to innovate, improve, and automate your work in a professional and effective manner.
Benefits and Opportunities
Candidates will have unparalleled opportunities for learning and accelerated career growth working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment. As a member of the team, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Develop your core competencies in the areas of project management, business operations, and corporate planning;
- Work directly with founders in managing cross-functional projects across a variety of business units;
- Broaden your professional network in the areas of real estate, financial services, and technology.
We offer candidates the following benefits:
- 4,600,000 VND allowance per month, plus 1,000,000 VND increment every 4 months;
- Potential for conversion into a full-time role upon successful performance;
- Potential for attractive employee stock option package should performance be stellar;
- Flexible/remote-first work environment.