Senior Product Designer at BlueCargo (S18)
BlueCargo builds software for trucking companies to optimize their dispatch of container from the port terminal to first warehouses.
BlueCargo provides real-time information for trucking companies that move cargo from marine ports to first warehouses. We are building a platform that will be a one-stop shop for truckers to dispatch, schedule their workload and move containers efficiently
Our startup was founded by two female entrepreneurs, graduated from Y Combinator (2018 batch), and has raised a 4 million seed round. We are at the beginning of an exciting growth phase where we have already developed product-market fit, a working platform, and hundreds of daily active users. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to grow the team and deliver a product to bring us to the next level.
If working to bring technology to the logistics industry sounds exciting, then we’d like to connect with you! We are looking for a highly experienced professional who has created several full stack web applications and has experience with AWS.
About the role
About Blue Cargo
We are a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our mission is to disrupt the supply chain industry by building powerful tools that automate container management from ports to warehouses - also called first mile delivery. We empower small and mid-sized trucking companies to serve more customers with fewer resources and help cargo owners see where their shipments are.
BlueCargo was founded by two female entrepreneurs, graduated from Y Combinator (S18), has raised 4 million seed round. We are at in the middle of an exciting growth phase where we have already found product-market fit, built a working platform, used by thousands of daily active users.
About the role
As the lead product designer, you will help us build a design-centric team and play a key role in defining how our customers will interact with our product and services. You’ll design and ship high-quality features and workflows and feel a sense of ownership throughout the process. Generating your own ideas, collaborating with teammates and stakeholders to refine them.
- You communicate your thoughts and decisions clearly and proactively, and talk to users constantly, knowing that their expectation may differ from your intuition.
- You are a product leader who comes up with great initiatives and product ideas, going beyond just making features look good.
- You hold yourself and the rest of the team to a high bar and design experiences that are not just functional, but delightful to our users.
- Your design not only helps solve complex problems, but is also visually elegant, and distinctive.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to drive product strategy and to design robust experiences.
- Own the end to end product design process, demonstrate a command of product strategy, listing use cases, journey mapping, wire framing, designing high-quality UI flows, prototyping and user testing.
- Design experiences across the web app on the customer-facing platform, mapping out flows and helping users gracefully avoid dead ends.
- Support and help to maintain our design system, together with our other product designer.
- Participate in design critiques, help mentor junior designers and ensure consistency and a high bar of design across all designs being handed off for development.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product design or user experience design for digital products, preferably with experience in both larger companies and startups.
- Ability to own end-to-end design process from initial concept to final implementation with a keen attention to detail in the hand-off to the Engineering team.
- Must have a portfolio showcasing recent, impactful work. Bonus if you’ve worked on any subscription-based software at a startup level.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment following a rapid iterative design approach.
Tools we work with
- Figma for design and prototyping
- Jira and Notion for collaboration with product
- Hotjar and Mixpanel for user insights
- Excellent and caring work culture
- Perks: Medical benefits, 401k and unlimited PTO
- Fun perks: flexible and international environment
- Community: Enjoy being a member of a Y Combinator company!
Our current tech:
Stack: Python/Django (Backend), React/JS (Frontend), AWS services (Lambda, RDS, S3), PostgreSQL (Database), Node-Red, CircleCI and other continuous integration tools
Team: 3 engineers