RevenueCat makes building, analyzing and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator's summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 50 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We're a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be part of a cross-functional product team, building products that help our customers make better, data-informed decisions. This team is helping achieve our mission to "help developers make more money" by providing them with actionable insights on their app business and opportunities to better monetize it.
- You are a product designer with 6+ years of experience designing web applications
- You are a team player at heart, collaborating closely with product management and engineering to discover relevant customer problems, design solutions, and deliver them
- You are an expert in interaction / UX design, understanding user needs and designing intuitive product experiences to address them
- You are experienced design interfaces matching a visual framework and brand identity (our design system is based on Material UI)
- You have experience in user research, both generative and evaluative
- You value working iteratively and collaboratively over getting everything perfect right away
- You have experience designing applications with data visualization components (e.g., charts, data tables)
- You are a systems thinker and analytical, using quantitative and qualitative information to inform your design decisions
- You are a great written communicator that can maintain collaboration while working asynchronously and remotely
- You have an ownership mentality—when you see something that's broken, you fix it
- You are excited about our mission to help developers make more money
In the first month, you'll:
- Get to know our product, customers, and teams
- Talk to some customers to understand their needs
- Start engaging in discovery and design for your first meaningful project
Within the first 3 months, you'll:
- Have taken full ownership of all design aspects for your cross-functional product team
- Have seen the first project shipped that you worked on from ideation to launch
- Work with your team to discover opportunities and solutions to deliver value to our customers
Within the first 6 months, you'll:
- Be an integral part of your team, and push the envelope on product design within your team
- Contribute to the development of the design practice and team at RevenueCat
- Be an advocate for good UX and design across the whole RevenueCat product
Within the first 12 months, you'll:
- Grow and develop the RevenueCat design team and practice
- Set up and improve scalable design processes across our teams
- Continue evangelizing customer centricity and design thinking across RevenueCat
What we offer:
- $163,000 to $184,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth
We have an API, a web dashboard, and a proliferation of mobile SDKs.
The API is Flask + PSQL, the web dashboard is a React app, and the mobile SDKs are written in whatever language the target platform is.
Our API has to deal with a massive amount of requests and there going to be many interesting scaling problems in the future for us.
On the mobile SDK side, it is a great challenge in providing sane and native-feeling SDKs to many platforms. A great opportunity for a polyglot who cares about developer experience.