Business / Data Analyst Team Lead at Just Appraised (S17)
Just Appraised makes software for local governments.
About Just Appraised
Our goal is to empower local government employees with the tools, technology, and support they need so they can deliver exceptional service to their taxpayers and feel proud of the work they do for their communities. We contribute by building software to streamline local government tax assessors’ workflows using AI. Specifically, we streamline the change of ownership process for real estate and create more seamless ways for tax offices to communicate digitally with their taxpayers.
For instance, when properties get bought and sold, local governments have to process reams of paper in order to update their systems and perform the analyses necessary to update the tax roll. Our software makes this process 10x faster and much more enjoyable for employees in the tax office to complete, and creates trust and goodwill in the minds of taxpayers.
About the role
Business / Data Analyst Team Lead
Salary: $20-28k USD + Equity
This is a fantastic formative opportunity, working full-time on a fully remote team at a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. You’ll have the opportunity to build a world-class Data team from the ground up. This work is high impact; your work with building data pipelines, reporting, and analytics will help us make the best business decisions.
Please Note: This is a full-time role and you must overlap with the rest of our team between 8 am - 1pm ET
- A leader with a minimum of 3+ years of experience in leading a data team and overall 6+ years of relevant experience ideally at a product-focused startup software company
- Lead and manage a team of Data and Business Analysts, mentor and guide them to create meaningful and actionable data-driven business insights
- Translate key business metrics into Data Projects
- Build and Set up processes for our Data Analytics Team
- Direct data gathering, assessing data validity, and synthesizing data into large analytics datasets to support project goals
- Work closely with Product teams to define, measure, and identify opportunities for improvements
- Communicate recommendations to leadership and influence future plans based on insights
- Lead the data strategy: be responsible for planning, prioritizing, and building the right data solutions to support business needs
- Recruit and train new business analysts
- Do hands-on work, as the need arises
What We Value
- Passionate about building a Data team from the ground up.
- Driven by business goals, and using data to drive and make the right business decisions
- Work with cross-functional team data ranging from Accuracy for customers to the internal cost and revenue data.
- Superb cross-organizational collaboration and leadership skills as you’ll work closely with our Product, Sales, and Engineering teams to ensure a great user experience and business results.
- Hands-on, passionate person who likes to get to the bottom of things and understand the business world.
- Strong Analytical skills – has the ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusions relevant to the business problem.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and highly non-technical individuals
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment
- Drive new initiatives to elevate the professional level and quality of data literacy throughout the organization.
- Take an active part in our leadership team, consisting of Product, Engineering, and Customer Success leaders.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field .
- Proficiency with data structures, databases, SQL
We use a variety of technologies depending on the use case: Java, React, Python (Tensorflow), C#/.Net