Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (US/CAN) at Mutiny (S18)
$140k - $200k • 0.08% - 0.25%
Mutiny is building a Growth-as-a-Service platform, to automate away growth engineering.
Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today’s fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
About the role
Skills: Python, React, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
Mutiny is a no-code platform that uses AI to help companies convert their top of funnel demand (e.g. website visitors) into customers through personalized experiences. Companies spend over 20% of their revenue to drive traffic to their website, but marketers are blocked on engineering when trying to convert this demand. Mutiny solves this with a real-time data layer about a company's prospects, powerful AI to automatically write optimized content, and no-code experience delivery to engage customers across all channels.
We started Mutiny by first codifying what type of company and culture we wanted to build. These values define how we approach our work every single day:
Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a full-stack software developer to join our growing engineering team. You will build, test, and ship software across the stack including optimized APIs to distribute data in real-time, high-throughput data pipelines to power machine learning models (like OpenAI's GPT-3 and reinforcement learning algorithms from Azure), and intuitive UX to provide a powerful, easy-to-use interface. Work closely with our product, design, and CX teams to define how features will work to drive the most value for customers. Be a critical voice in choosing the right architecture for our core systems, help to define an inclusive product culture, and learn from a world-class team of experienced engineers.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
- Architect, build, test, and ship highly-available and secure services that process and serve data at scale.
- Use data to support product decisions and impact core business metrics with your work.
- Use the latest web technologies and tools. Currently, we have services in Ruby and TypeScript and invest in our tooling and automation to remain productive.
- Work with the most advanced machine learning services, like Open AI's GPT-3, to automatically generate optimized content for customers.
- Build great user experiences that allow customers to easily understand their web audience and create personalized experiences for their key segments.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a web development or infrastructure position.
- Fluency in a backend programming language of choice (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node, Scala, etc).
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational database.
- Advocate of automated testing. We always include a full suite of tests for a feature to verify and future proof our code.
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture and brand.
We are fully remote and offer H1-B Sponsorship.
Mutiny does not accept agency submitted candidates for this posting.
Our stack consists of React, TypeScript, Ruby, and Rails. as well as Redis, Postgres, and Elasticsearch for data storage. Our CTO comes from a product and infrastructure background, bringing an engineering first approach to growth technology.
Some of our challenges include:
- Building a privacy-first data store that never shares PII or customer data. We leverage data store policies to ensure there are walled gardens between customers and privacy is respected.
- Architecting low latency data infrastructure that processes millions of events from various data sources to create a unified data layer. We keep latency to a ridiculously low number using a combination of CDN edge caching with Fastly, efficient event processing pipelines, and data store optimizations.
- Building products that expose machine learning infrastructure for automated segmentation, with an incredibly simple to use interface.
- Building efficient content delivery libraries for use in the browser, enabling non-technical team members to easily personalize their website. We make use of native browser APIs for efficient DOM rendering using features like MutationObservers, WebWorkers, and hooks for browser layouts.