About the company
SiPhox is an early-stage, venture-backed biotech startup working on the future of diagnostics. Leveraging our expertise in silicon photonics, we are building a highly scalable, at-home device for diagnostics and wellness tracking.
What we're looking for
Peoples Operations Manager to act as our in-house recruiter and tactical decision-maker for all things people. You will report directly to the Chief of Staff and work alongside the executive team to build the company, directly impacting the company’s genetic makeup.
This is the job for you if you have a proven track record of technical & non-technical recruiting, excellent communication skills, and a relentless desire to work on highly impactful projects.
- Execute operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience
- Ownership of the Hiring Process: screening, interviewing, onboarding/offboarding, visa processes, and recruiter relations
- Payroll and Administration: ownership of bimonthly payroll (e.g. salary, benefits, time-off requests)
- Office Management: ensuring that the office is clean, presentable and a fun place to work; ordering and inventorying office supplies and equipment; managing security systems
- Administration & Communication: drafting content for internal and external use (e.g. company newsletters, company updates, etc.); drafting, reviewing, and sending out contracts; scheduling appointments; keeping team-wide documentation organized
- Event planning: planning and organizing of company-wide events as well as public events
Your First Challenge
Hire 2 senior-level engineers; Develop and improve candidate pipeline through social media outreach, referrals, and networking; Design a plan for cultivating company culture
Please note: this is a fully in-person role that requires overtime hours.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred backgrounds: Engineering, Science, Business, Marketing, Sales)
- Passion for people and adroit communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to think strategically and manage time effectively
- Technical skills: MS/Google Suites, Notion
- Good physical health; ability to lift heavy objects on occasion (>30lbs)
- Strong desire for personal growth; ability to learn new skills as needed
- Competitive salary and significant stock options
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible hours and Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual company retreat
- Professional development assistance
- Membership to Lifetime Gym
- Weekly company-wide workouts and lunches
- Snacks and Supplements 🥗
- Bring your dog to work 🐶