We are building a cloud platform to help data scientists and engineers develop and scale AI/ML applications.
Our open-source work has gathered over 4k GitHub stars and is used by hundreds of organizations spanning Fortune 100 companies, top research universities, and startups.
Skills: Kubernetes, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As a Developer Advocate at Ploomber, you’ll help the founders ensure our developer community succeeds through several activities that include: improving our technical documentation, writing in our blog, posting in social media like Twitter, Linkedin, Reddit and Stackoverflow, generating video content, and speaking at conferences like PyData, JupyterCon, SciPy, and PyCon.
Our community is at the core of our company and you’ll play a critical role to grow and foster a healthy, welcoming community, where data scientists from around the world learn and teach others.
- Translate user feedback into actionable items for the engineering team to work on
- Identify opportunities to improve our open-source and commercial products
- Produce high-quality educational material for our community such as technical documentation, - blog posts, and video lessons
- Represent the company at various virtual and in-person events such as meetups and conferences
What We Look For
- 3-5 years of experience as a Developer Advocate
- Experience producing highly technical content (written, recorded)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with the Data Science ecosystem (popular Python libraries such as pandas or scikit-learn, and SQL)
- Ability to travel about 20% of your time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to relocate to New York City (this is a hybrid role, we expect you to go to the office 2-3 times a week)
- You’re a current Ploomber user
- You have developed moderately complex data analysis projects using Jupyter notebooks
- Video editing skills
- Web development skills
- Experience fostering and building relationships with technical communities