Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds.
Who are we?
We are Curri and our mission is to be the way the world delivers construction and industrial supplies. Curri provides on-demand, last-mile logistics for construction and adjacent industries with our nationwide fleet of cars, trucks, and flatbeds. Curri was founded in 2018 and was a part of the YC S19 Batch. We are a fast-growing start-up with over 100+ employees located all across the United States working in a remote environment. We're solving a massive, global problem of inefficiency in the construction industry. We imagine a world of efficient construction sites resulting in a net win for the entire world. Find out more at curri.com
Curri is seeking candidates for a DOT Compliance Manager to join our Legal and Risk Management Department.
As our DOT Compliance Manager, you will be tasked with managing Federal and State Transportation compliance for Curri and its affiliated companies as Curri executes a rapidly evolving business. Collaborating with our key stakeholders, the position will work with Operations to oversee regulatory-compliant on-boarding of drivers into our network and build out necessary DOT record-keeping processes; work with our technology team to embed and streamline regulatory compliance programs into our platform; and work with key decision makers to build regulatory compliance programs that support Curri’s entry into new markets and offering of new services.
The role will require organization, people-management skills and a background knowledge of DOT compliance requirements, along with a collaborative attitude and creative thinking to help push Curri’s business forward. The DOT Compliance Manager will report to Curri’s General Counsel.
- Oversee development, implementation and streamlining of Curri’s DOT Compliance Program
- Develop processes to improve driver on-boarding and monitoring of on-going driver compliance requirements, and related record-keeping practices
- Work interdepartmentally to implement and manage processes and systems that align Curri operations with regulatory standards
- Work with Curri’s risk manager to proactively identify critical risk-mitigation opportunities.
- Manage and maintain necessary State and Federal regulatory filings for Curri and its affiliates.
- Develop and implement programs to enable Curri to expand its service offerings (e.g. related to HazMat regulated substances).
- Collaborate with sales and legal to optimize commercial contracts related to Curri’s compliance programs.
- Work with Curri’s technology development team to integrate compliance processes into Curri’s proprietary app.
- Conduct periodic trainings for Curri’s operations and sales teams.
- Manage one or more compliance processors to assist with regulatory compliance efforts.
- Report to Curri’s General Counsel weekly on progress.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-management skills, with the ability to direct and achieve priorities, goals and strategies with limited supervision.
- At least 2 years of managerial experience in DOT compliance or enforcement,
- Experience developing and/or managing a broker or motor carrier compliance program for transportation of HazMat regulated substances.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State DOT, Health & Safety Trucking regulations, especially the DOT’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Hazardous Materials Regulations, Drug and Alcohol Regulations; a working knowledge of the DOT Letters of Interpretation and other Regulatory Guidance a plus.
- A learner’s attitude that consistently demonstrates curiosity and flexibility
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive and positive manner
- Familiarity with remote meeting tools as well as experience with remote and in-person meetings
- Computer skills including the ability to quickly learn company-specific tools, familiarity with Fleetworthy or RMIS, and/or experience developing in-house record-keeping management tools are a plus.
Why choose Curri?
- High paced, collaborative company culture built on integrity and transparency
- We’re a fast-growing start-up where you can be an integral part of reshaping the way construction materials are delivered to bring efficiency to an industry that needs innovation; working for Curri will give you the opportunity to engage with DOT compliance matters in a new and innovative way, working dynamically to move the company forward.
- Work in a remote environment with a flexible schedule.
- We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including, but not limited to, health, dental, vision, and 401K
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Curri's stack is built upon a React and React Native, Typescript, Node, Kube, and Postgres. We're solving interesting problems such as route optimization, geographical expansion models, and more.