Product Manager at Epsilon3 (S21)
The OS for spacecraft and complex operations
Epsilon3 is the OS for spacecraft and complex operations. We are a small growing team of engineers formerly from SpaceX, Google, and Stanford. Our team worked firsthand on over 100 launches, including training and coordinating operations for multiple astronauts who successfully traveled to space and back. We are taking everything we learned and building software to make testing and operations as efficient, error-free, and enjoyable as possible.
About the role
Epsilon3 is the OS for spacecraft and complex operations. We are an experienced team of engineering and design leaders from SpaceX, Google, Northrop, and Stanford. Our team worked firsthand on over 100 launches, including training and coordinating operations for multiple astronauts who successfully traveled to space and back. Epsilon3 is the result of decades of learning and delivers on the promise of making testing and operations as efficient, error-free, and enjoyable as possible. We are backed by Y Combinator and other world-class investors.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team who is passionate about software for the space industry and beyond. You will be responsible for ensuring we are building software that delights and supports our customers.
- Own, organize, and prioritize the product backlog and ongoing sprints/epics for planning and estimation based on customer feedback and our own company vision and goals
- Brainstorm and create new product lines based on market research and feedback from customers
- Work with UX designers and researchers to organize user studies
- Translate customer requirements/asks to Market Requirements Documents, Product Requirements Documents, specs, and Design Docs for engineers
- Evaluate incoming customer requests and distill to customer needs
- Process and synthesize customer insights to maintain external and internal product roadmaps
- Assist with priority communication across customers and projects for sprint and epic planning
- Host engineering focus sessions as needed on epic-level topics with design and engineering
- Develop and maintain product marketing, training, and support materials and programs (demos, scripts, videos, documentation, etc.)
- Maintain Productboard customer insights, features, backlog, and public roadmap portal up to date
- Serve as the advocate of our clients, understanding their needs, concerns and ensuring that our solutions are helping to solve their problems
- Attend periodic feedback sessions with customers
- Engage customers in periodic meetings to capture blockers and needed features. Ensure feedback captured in the product roadmap.
- Analyze and track engagement and product usage metrics
- Understand competitive and complementary product offerings in the market and how we compare
- Communicate/demonstrate new functionality and set expectations for customer requests
- Look for opportunities to grow to new teams
- Visit customers as needed/desired for demos and growth opportunities
- Monitor, triage, and respond to support tickets, chat messages, and messengers for customer issues
- Set up, maintain, and report on customer tracking metrics and alerts (usage metrics, account growth, etc.). Build and maintain an account dashboard.
- Communicate value propositions of utilizing the Epsilon3 platform and enhance messaging surrounding return on investment for customers
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, client satisfaction and overall health/NPS scores
- Support clients with technical questions and act as an intermediary between client and engineering development team
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Keep product development roadmap up to date with customer feedback and requests
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the product, feature set, and roadmap
- Understand customer business issues and needs as well as additional tools and competitive market
- Rapidly prototype demos and proof-of-concepts for customer meetings
- Join and actively participate in customer discovery calls and technical demonstrations
- Support software QA and user testing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Passion for efficiency tools
- Excitement around our industry (Spacecraft, Launch Vehicles, Transportation, etc.)
- Good communicator with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally
- Fluent in English (additional languages are a plus)
- Self-starter and able to navigate ambiguity and assess rapidly evolving priorities
- Strong team player with great communication skills and collaborative work ethic
- Love of learning (technical and otherwise)
- US Citizenship and/or Permanent Residency (future security clearance may be required)
- 3+ years of Product Management experience in B2B SaaS
- Product management experience and experience designing and running training programs
- Experience with Productboard and other agile software product planning tools
- Experience with user research and usability studies
- MBA degree
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills, and presence
- Experience in fast-growing tech startups is a plus
We are looking for great engineers to join our team who are passionate about space and building scalable, reliable software quickly. You will be responsible for creating delightful user experiences that solve very complex problems. We are currently using technologies such as React, CouchDB, AWS GovCloud, and Python, and we expect our stack will evolve rapidly over time as we hone our solutions and approach.
This is an exciting role in a fast-growing company. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience designing and implementing software systems from requirements to production and deployment.
Some of the technical challenges we’re undertaking:
- Real-time synchronization of data and user interfaces across earth and space
- Visualization of many complex data fields
- Integration of multiple high-bandwidth data streams for real-time processing and display
- Multiple deployment environments including cloud and on-premises
- Mission-critical security and reliability requirements
- Supporting complex workflows and detailed tracking while also maintaining simplicity and delightfulness of user experience
The interview process for our Product Manager role starts off with a 30 minute interview to talk through the job, what we’re looking for, and to learn more about you and your experience with product management, sprint planning, product design, and roadmap management. The second step will be 45 minute, 1:1 interviews with our co-founders and members of our product, engineering, and BD teams focusing on culture fit and technical product management skills. We like to keep our interview process short and sweet as we know time is valuable. After the second interview, we'll be at the offer phase!