We’re on a mission to organize the world of NFTs and digital assets.
NFTs are the fastest growing space within web3, yet it’s still far too hard for developers to embed NFTs into their apps. With NFT activity moving across chains, and NFTs being used for an exploding number of use cases, this complexity is only growing.
At SimpleHash, we build APIs and developer tooling to abstract away this complexity for developers. We index all the major blockchains, take care of the edge cases, ingest all the media, and provide a set of simple to use endpoints to quickly access all this information.
We’re backed by some of the best investors and players in the business, including Y Combinator, Coinbase Ventures, OpenSea Ventures, Funders Club, Caffeinated Capital, and a host of extremely accomplished angels, including founders of Segment and Doppler, and early employees of Stripe and 0x.
Why work for us?
- An accelerated growth trajectory - you will have hands on control building the products that will directly affect end-users, with immediate feedback loops - in the fastest growing segment (NFTs) of one of the world’s fastest growing industries (web3)
- Tackle interesting problems - we’re ingesting, organizing and indexing the metadata and media for all digital assets, while serving it up reliably and quickly for our users - and have a host of exciting problems to solve while doing so
- Ground floor experience building an early-stage web3 startup - and if you’ve ever wanted to start your own company one day, there’s no better experience than to actually be part of it live
- No office politics or organizational drama - we’re a small, meritocratic team that trusts each other to get stuff done
- Competitive salary and equity
- Full benefits:
- Full medical, dental and vision
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO
- Brand new laptop and monitor
The types of people we’re looking for:
- Builders - people who have experience creating, building and putting their work out in the world - this could have been at a startup, or in a larger company, or your own side projects, but we’re most interested in people who are excited about experimenting, creating something new and better than existing solutions
- Shippers - people who get stuff done, who move with unusual urgency, who take pride in continual improvement, and integrating feedback
- Owners - people who take responsibility for their decisions, and treat their work with a deep sense of pride
- Hard workers - we are unapologetic about working hard, and tend to work long hours - in a startup we know we have to work both hard and smart
We don’t care about pedigree or that you worked at a certain company - we’re much more interested in hearing what you did, how you took ownership, and how you made an impact.
We are hiring for this role in-person in San Francisco - this is not a remote position
- Own, build and scale the API infrastructure serving data from the SimpleHash platform
- Implement optimizations designed to improve the response time of our API endpoints for our users
- Work hand in hand with our CTO to thoughtfully design and implement core models and primitives underpinning our indexing and database setup
- Own and build the full testing and documentation setup for the SimpleHash API
- 5+ years working on building and scaling API-centered products and services
- Experience with designing REST-based APIs
- Deep knowledge of relational databases and SQL, specifically on optimizing query and index performance
- Experience improving the response times of API services, including using caching systems and other optimizations
Nice to haves:
- Experience defining SLOs and implementing monitoring, alerting, and logging systems
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience using Docker and CI/CD flows
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excitement about working at an early-stage startup, and the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the trajectory of the company
- High standards, for themself and others, and attention to detail
- Pride in owning projects end to end and driving them to successful completion
- A strong sense of urgency and a bias to action
- Open communication skills — asks questions, assumes good intentions, and defaults to transparency
- Curiosity about web3 / crypto - prior experience not needed, but we hope you’re excited about the space