Slope (Y Combinator S21 batch) provides Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. Slope enables any business to pay with installments at checkout. They are live on fast-growing B2B marketplaces, secured debt capital partnerships, and regulation compliance. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $29M in funding to date.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
✅ What You’ll Do
We are seeking a FP&A lead to join our rapidly growing company responsible for implementing our planning process, metrics & analytics and business strategy to help execute on our vision. In this role, you will have unique visibility across the entire company and serve as the key liaison between multiple departments and teams. You will turn your analyses into deep insights, communicate these insights to key stakeholders and executives, and support strategic decision making.
- Responsibilities will include setting the vision for the FP&A team structure as the company grows.
- Own the financial projections models for both near and long term to drive a high degree of accuracy while working with business leaders to identify levers for greater efficiency as we scale
- Drive the annual budgeting process and continuous planning process
- Refine financial reporting processes ensuring automation to allow the team to focus on analysis
- Develop reporting/KPIs consistent with actual product P&Ls
- Perform forecasting, budgeting and month-end close reporting and analysis
- Create investor and board materials while assisting on capital raises
- Work on pitch decks for new products/strategic transactions
- Be a trusted advisor to the company leadership; proactively collaborate, influence, and align team's contributions to achieve overall company business strategy
- 5+ years of experience in strategic finance, preferably at a high growth, enterprise software, SaaS, or fintech focused business; consulting experience
- Experience with banking and/or business lending products within a finance environment
- Must be prepared to work in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Finance minded with strong operational focus to drive process, systems, and execution in a scalable and repeatable way. Prior FP&A experience combined with business unit/operational/strategic roles is a plus
- Driven self-starter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves and building complex financial models in Excel or other planning applications.
- Must have expert modeling skills, including buildout of full-company operating and financial models
- Strengths in working cross functionally to present and build rapport with stakeholders
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and FP&A activities
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in fintech
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup