Slope (Y Combinator S21 batch) provides Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. Slope enables any business to pay with installments at checkout. They are live on fast-growing B2B marketplaces, secured debt capital partnerships, and regulation compliance. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
We empower growing businesses by making access to capital easy.
The inspiration for Slope came from Lawrence’s parents having spent the past three decades in the wholesale business, importing products and selling them to small businesses across Brazil. From having worked with them, we realized small mom-and-pop stores are limited by their working capital and that business loans are complicated to navigate.
At Slope (YC S21), we are building Buy Now, Pay Later for B2B businesses. We enable any business to pay with installments at checkout. Buy Now, Pay Later is the foundation to rebuilding the messy cross-border B2B payments infrastructure — our vision is to be Stripe for global B2B.
In a span of 7 months, we went from pre-product to processing over millions in monthly transaction volume and raising $29M in funding to date.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup. We truly believe that in “slope” — not where you start but how fast we are growing and iterating.
- We are growing insanely fast (growing 121% each month for the past 6 months, with signed contracts to 20X, and a growing waitlist that’s dwarfing our ability to keep up). This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our rocketship at an inflection point!
- We’re a tight-knit, intense team, where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Help small underdog business owners thrive and compete against large corporations.
✅ What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Compliance lead who understands how to interpret regulations and work with us on an innovative B2B lending program from the ground up, collaborate across-departments with a data-driven and comprehensive approach, and effectively help us scale the organization in an appropriate manner.
- Lead the license acquisition process while driving a cross-functional team to ensure complete and accurate license application
- Communicate with regulators to address any requests or action items
- Effectively work with consultants and external counsel
- Manage money transmitter and lending licenses through NMLS
- Manage regulatory examinations and audits of licenses
- Lead and monitor license renewals, quarterly and annual reports, and required examinations.
- Policies & Procedures - develop and maintain the compliance policies and procedures required by the credit framework, in order to support lending
- Advise Product and Engineering team on existing and new products to mitigate regulatory and partner risk
- Provide strategic insight for Operations as they build support for lending workflows
- Review lending-specific marketing materials for regulatory concerns
- Provide reporting required by the compliance framework
- Train employees and partners with respect to the compliance required for lending
- Case manage customer compliance complaints related to lending and provide formal responses to such matters
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, with 4+ years of experience in payments and money transmission regulatory compliance; experience at a financial institution
- Demonstrated solution-oriented business and compliance judgment
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with ECOA, RegZ, FCRA, FDCPA, UDAAP, Truth in lending, True lender consideration
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally, with ability to break down complex regulatory requirements into easy-to-understand and practical advice
- Basic understanding of AML/CFT and sanctions programs, including applicable U.S. legislation
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- Customer-centric and passionate about helping small businesses grow
- Previous experience in fintech
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup