BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify copy number variation (CNV) changes in cancer patients. Our first product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother. UNITY covers all inherited disorders that every pregnancy needs to be tested for and has 98.5%+ sensitivity and 99%+ specificity.
BillionToOne has recently raised a large Series A funding from global institutional investors, including from Hummingbird Ventures, NeoTribe Ventures and Y Combinator:
Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
Skills: Gene sequencing, Biotechnology, Genomics
Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics companies to help transform prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of patient lives?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17), ranked at the top 5% of Y Combinator companies with $100M+ in funding from prominent VC firms, has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. BillionToOne's first product, UNITY™ is the first and only prenatal screen that directly assesses the baby's risk for common and severe inherited disorders such as cystic fibrosis, spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), and hemoglobinopathies from a single tube of blood from the pregnant mother.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead and manage the prenatal product line (UNITY products). This role will own the entire product roadmap for the prenatal product portfolio by working closely with the R&D, clinical team, engineering team, and company leadership to lead new assay development as well as existing assay enhancements. The ideal candidate has experience in launching molecular diagnostic testing assays, are obsessed with delivering a delightful customer experience, and thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this would be a perfect opportunity for you. This role is a hybrid (onsite 3 days/week) position and reports directly to the SVP of Product.
- Understand the market and design a winning product concept: As the product owner, you need to be Number 1 expert within the company about the user needs and desires, the market, and how our technology assets can solve their problems.
- Plan and execute product launch strategies: Understand and plan for every element that touches the product launch, including the core clinical assay, the user-facing software apps, the internal workflow, regulatory and legal constraints, and requirements, marketing and PR, etc. Work with a wide range of departments to execute on the product launch.
- End-to-end user experience: Our product is not just the genetic testing panel but the entire experience of ordering a test, sending the blood sample, and receiving the result. You are responsible for designing and delivering the most seamless and delightful user experience for the entire process, together with a UX designer and other stakeholders.
- Program management: You are responsible for getting the product to the finish line by mobilizing relevant internal and external resources. This can involve many elements of general project and program management tasks such as draft timelines, organize meetings, get stakeholders to agree on a solution, source external vendors, etc.
- Continuous iterations and improvements: As the product owner, you are the biggest advocate for the users. You are responsible for monitoring the users' voice and behaviors, the key metrics, and key market trends for the product-line and identify areas of improvement.
- 5-10 years of experience in product management (title & compensation commensurate with experience)
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and product requirements
- Experience with launching a product from start to finish
- Experience working with diverse teams to gather requirements and rally them to get a complex product launched
- Another advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in molecular biology, bioengineering, medicine, chemical biology, or related field is strongly preferred
- Experience with launching and managing NGS-based diagnostic testing assays is a strong plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive pay
- Generous equity package
- Suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 90% of Gold PPO plan
- Extremely generous Medical, Pregnancy, Parental and Family Leaves
- Retirement savings program with 4% Company matching
- Free daily on-site lunches provided from top eateries
- Latest and greatest hardware (laptop, lab equipment, facilities)
- A variety of perks on campus (state of the art gym, restaurant)
- Free on-site EV charging (compatible with all EVs, including Tesla)
- Working with a team of ‘rockstars’ who bring out the best in everyone
- The ability to indirectly or directly change the lives of hundreds of thousand patients
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly Town Hall meetings
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.