Makrwatch is a fast-paced, growing, and versatile company that was launched just over 4 years ago. Our team consists of a diverse and ambitious team of professionals from around the world who are passionate about the world of YouTube influencer marketing.
Our team is full of self-starters who always strive to deliver exceptional results and break new boundaries. If you think you have what it takes to join a high-performance team that always makes time for balance, fun and learning, then check out our open positions and apply!
At Makrwatch we are on a mission to provide financial opportunities to creators so they can spread passion, creativity, and knowledge and create a positive impact in the world. And we are looking for smart, humble, go-getters to join our team.
We provide a full-service solution to help brands collaborate with YouTube and Instagram creators to create exciting influencer marketing collaborations. As the UX/UI designer of Makrwatch, you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience to both creators and brands, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction.
This is a full-time fully remote position, Location-independent between GMT-9 and GMT+2
Start date: ASAP
From a day-to-day perspective, you’ll work closely with a product manager and our development team. Together you’ll plan and deliver mockups, prototypes, MVPs, and products. You’ll translate the needs of both creators, brands, and our internal team into user-centered designs.
You’ll be the first full-time UX/UI designer of Makrwatch. You will work as part of a small team and challenge yourself to deliver results quickly, solve issues creatively, identify opportunities for the company’s growth, and leverage data insights to help our clients and creators to grow their business in a fast-paced and exciting industry.
- Work with the product team to plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Perform functional tests to make sure the user experience is as intended
- Proactively suggest improvements to current and future interfaces
- Communicate with users to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Validate new ideas before implementing
Who are we looking for?
- You know how to distill simplicity from complex user requirements.
- You know how to use the tools of the trade like Figma
- You have experience with user research and translating insights from research to your designs.
- You have effective, clear, and concise communication and are able to communicate outstandingly with both customers and your team.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills, a high level of empathy, and also you are adept at nonverbal communication in order to build strong professional relationships with creators, clients, peers, and the wider team.
- You are flexible, decisive and you know how to put ego aside and focus on the needs of the customer.
- You're good at hearing and implementing feedback.
- 2 years of experience as a UI-UX Designer or similar role
- UI design portfolio including web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Critical thinker
- Problem-solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Experience working remotely
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with Webflow
- Experience managing projects from sketches to production to iteration improvements.
- Spanish or Portuguese fluency a plus
- Autonomy & Impact - We are a small, 20+ person company which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility from day 1. Your voice will be heard and matter!
- Complete Location Independence - Pick anywhere you want to work from within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones, as long as you have a fast, stable WiFi connection! A good office chair also helps!
- Work Schedule Flexibility - Night owl? Morning Lark? Work whenever you feel most productive! Need to take a midday break for yoga, basketball, or dance class? No problem!
- Remote Office Compensation - Trying to improve your remote life? We’ll give you a budget every month to facilitate it!
- 32 Paid Vacation Days per Year - Decide when you take your vacation and days off, so you can choose to work on your local holidays or take them off!
- Generous Parental Leave - Starting or expanding your family? Congrats! We’ll support you by giving you flexible and generous time off to be with your child.
- Study Time - We know you can’t be an expert on everything to tackle new challenges, so we highly encourage our team to spend a few hours every week studying & learning new skills.
- Yearly Retreat - Once a year, we fly everyone in the team to a new location to meet, plan the company’s strategy for the year, and of course, hang out and have fun together. It’s an exciting opportunity for everyone to get together and get to know each other better.
- Tech Help - We provide different plans to assist you in acquiring all the necessary technology hardware and software you’ll need for your best work!
At Makrwatch we learn from our differences, embrace them, and are grateful for them, as they benefit our employees, our customers, and our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.