We are Moonshot Brands a Y-combinator and VC -backed company (W21). We acquire, operate, and grow profitable e-commerce brands that sell on Amazon and DTC and empower happy entrepreneurs. We know how to optimize and run these businesses better than anyone else because we’ve run and sold five of them, As entrepreneurs ourselves, we are building the acquisition process that we would have loved to experience when we sold our businesses in the past. Moonshot Brands is backed by Y-combinator and leading Silicon Valley VC funds. Our founding team members are serial entrepreneurs with 5 exits, including an online used car marketplace, Shift.com now listed on the NASDAQ and an e-commerce site, focused on home goods acquired by a private equity firm. The founders are Wharton and MIT graduates who have deep M&A, Finance, and Hedge Fund experience including Bridgewater Associates, McKinsey, and Airbnb. We are building the world’s best team to build a company by operators for operators as we know we will build the company that changes the entire e-commerce landscape and would love to add the best like-minded people to our dream team. If you’d like to be part of this Moonshot which will be a fun fast-paced rocket-ship that will change the future of e-commerce brands and you think you can keep up and add significant value to our mission we’d love to hear from you.
VP OF ENGINEERING
About Moonshot Brands
We are Moonshot Brands, a Y-combinator-backed company (W21) with $160M in debt and equity funding from leading Silicon Valley VC firms, including Victory Park Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures (Joe Montana), and Garage Capital. Among our founding team of MIT Sloan and Wharton graduates, we have operated and sold five businesses and have come together as Moonshot Brands to acquire, operate, and grow profitable e-commerce brands.
From our experience, we want to build the acquisition process that we wish we could have had and to provide the post-acquisition resources to grow your business to the fullest potential. As entrepreneurs ourselves, we believe in empowering our founders, giving them a stake in Moonshot’s continued success, and collaborating with an all-star team to change the e-commerce landscape. We connect our portfolio to growth capital, data, and expertise in operations, marketing, supply chain management, and product development to provide owner-operators with infrastructure to grow and compete at scale. At the same time, we believe in our entrepreneurs and want to keep them engaged in the shared success of Moonshot Brands by offering meaningful equity tied to Moonshot’s mission. Moonshot is building a technology-centric ecosystem to provide our portfolio with cutting-edge tools and data-driven insights to succeed in global marketplaces. From inventory forecasting to performance marketing and automations, we are building the technology that allows brands to achieve peak performance and win in their markets.
If you’d like to be part of this Moonshot which will be a fun fast-paced rocketship that will drive the future of e-commerce brands and you think you add significant value to our mission we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
VP OF ENGINEERING is a high-impact leadership role at Moonshot Brands. In this role you will work in an executive position to shape the technology strategy and development of the Moonshot Brands Platform. You will determine required technology solutions and lead efforts to develop or source tools to meet the needs of the business. This role will be integral in shaping the development of advanced AI and other algorithmic solutions for the Moonshot Brands Platform. This role requires a high level of autonomy.
• Identifying technical solutions and infrastructure to meet the needs of the business and our portfolio companies
• Developing high quality software products for the business that incorporate sales, marketing, fulfillment, and product research data while leveraging ML forecasting
• Leading a team of data scientists and analysts to develop AI, ML and other algorithmic solutions to automate tasks and generate insights
• Developing and iterating on data- and business-driven MVPs
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to the Moonshot Platform and proposing solutions to be implemented
• Participating in code reviews and troubleshooting software bugs and other technical issues
• Ensure all activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Additional responsibilities as requested
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required • 3+ years of prior technology leadership experience as a VP OF ENGINEERING or Senior Software Engineer required • Prior work experience related to the e-Commerce industry preferred • Frontend: React.js, CSS/JSS, TypeScript, responsive design, testing (e.g. Cypress, Jest, Jasmine, Enzyme, etc), Webpack, CSS Framework (e.g. Antd) • Backend: RESTful services, SQL, OOP language (C#/Java/Node.js/Go), Docker, Kubernetes • Design: Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Domain-Driven Design (DDD), CQRS and Event-Driven Design, Microservices and distributed system, Design Patterns, Test-Driven Design (TDD). • Worked in an agile environment (eg: Scrum), best practices in Git Flow, and Continuous Integration / Delivery (Terraform / Ansible / Jenkins / Azure DevOps). Participation in all software development life cycles: architecture, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance. • Detail-oriented with strong analytical abilities • Excellent mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills • Ability to adapt to new tasks with little notice • Effective leadership and coaching skills • Strong desire to win • Sound judgement • Deep, sophisticated understanding of accounting and finance • Commitment to satisfying internal and external customers Moonshot Brands welcomes all and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We use tech to identify and evaluate the best companies to acquire We use tech to grow the companies we acquire faster than they would on their own