Rescale (YC W12) is hiring a Senior Software Engineer
$0 - $0 • 0.00% - 0.00%
Rescale provides a global software platform and hardware infrastructure for companies to perform scientific and engineering simulation.
- We provide the largest, most secure, global high performance computing (HPC) footprint seamlessly integrated into an easy-to-use platform built for engineers and scientists. We are disrupting the staid on premise HPC world.
- Not that long ago, we were a team of two, who rendered the Boeing 787 wing on commodity hardware, saving $150M in the process. Now we are a team of 50+ software engineers, computer scientists, and domain experts, helping advanced tech companies bring their complex use cases to the cloud.
- Investors in Rescale include Sam Altman, Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Chris Dixon, and Paul Graham, among others.
Skills: Java, Python, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Data Modeling
Rescale provides the largest, most secure, global HPC footprint seamlessly integrated into an easy-to-use platform built for engineers and scientists. Rescale is disrupting the staid on premise HPC world. Rescale is HPC in the Cloud.
Not that long ago, we were a team of two, who rendered the Boeing 787 wing on commodity hardware, saving $150M in the process. Now we are a team of 50+ software engineers, computer scientists, domain experts, and industry thought leaders, helping advanced tech companies bring their complex use cases to the cloud. We need passionate go-getters who can take partially specified use cases and build robust frameworks which can be quickly leveraged by fellow teammates, enabling the next big HPC use case.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer (HPC Platform) to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
• Designing and building out the fundamental architecture of our industry-leading HPC platform. • Writing code which effortlessly handles multiple simultaneous cloud orchestration, job submittal, and instance deploy/maintain/audit/reproducibility/security use cases for some of the most difficult regulatory regimes worldwide. • Architecting robust and extensible scale-out frameworks to handle our ongoing and accelerating use case uptake across all the major cloud providers worldwide.
Key Qualifications include:
• BS in EECS, CS or related field. • 5-8+ years of experience in a similar role. • Very high skill in Java and Python. • Ability to write clean, well-tested, maintainable code in an Agile/SCRUM environment. • Demonstrated ability to ship a high-impact product.
Ideally, you will also have experience with:
• High performance computing. • Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM). • Strong and varied experience in building and shipping performant, flexible, and scalable cloud orchestration frameworks. • Strong and varied experience in building and shipping performant, flexible, and scalable frameworks in Java and/or Python. • Demonstrated experience in data architecture, modeling and optimization. • Ability to lead, manage and mentor junior engineers.
Problems we are Solving:
- We're building a cloud orchestration framework to execute complex engineering workflows across multiple cloud providers.
- We provide an additional layer of reliability, fault tolerance, and tuning for HPC applications which were not originally designed to run on cloud hardware.
- We are helping engineering companies figure out the best way to incorporate machine learning algorithms into their design lifecycle.
- Python - Django Rest Framework
- (Modern) Java - Dropwizard
- Our core infrastructure runs on AWS. The compute clusters we run for customers are created on AWS, Azure, GCP, and IBM in the cloud, along with Bare Metal On-Premises data centers.
Our engineering team is broken up into smaller groups of 5-7 people with a combined full stack skill set. We try to keep meetings to a minimum: there is a daily standup and a weekly task estimation meeting. We have two week release cycles however developers are encouraged to push important features and bug fixes to production as needed. Writing clean, testable code is a point of emphasis and we use GitHub PRs to ensure a minimum quality bar and also to disseminate best practices and spread domain knowledge around.