Alinea is an investing app for GenZs. We’re a Y Combinator backed start-up and have raised $2.1M for our seed round from top investors including Goodwater Capital.
We recently completed the W21 batch, raised our seed, and are quickly growing. We are looking to build out a team of passionate and driven individuals who want to make an impact. Come join us!
Skills: MongoDB, Node.js, Swift, TypeScript
Alinea is an investing app for GenZs. We’re a Y Combinator backed start-up and have raised $2.1M for our seed round from top investors including Goodwater Capital and Harvard. Alinea is looking for a talented engineer to join our team for the summer and work directly with the founding team. We are looking for an ambitious, fast-moving, and creative individual who will address customer needs to build the best investing experience for the next generation. This may not be the right role for you if you are uncomfortable with any of the following:
- Trying to predict the customer's needs yourself
- Working on different parts of the stack
- A role that will push you to learn new skill sets constantly
Why should you join Alinea?
We’re changing the way the next generation invests their money. For all of history, the stock market has been centered around corporate profits and has been designed for a specific demographic. With Alinea, we want the next generation to invest responsibly in ideas, values and companies they believe in for the long-term.
We recently completed Y Combinator, raised our seed, and are quickly growing. We are looking to build out a team of passionate and driven individuals who want to make an impact. Come join us!
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Available during Summer 2022 for 10-12 weeks
- Grounding in CS fundamentals—you've got the broad-based knowledge needed to build a collaborative, client-server application end to end. You may need to pick up some new platforms & skills along the way but you're good at that and it's fun for you.
- You enjoy delivering delightful, polished front ends. You needn't be a designer—but you enjoy working with them and appreciate the work that goes into achieving that polish and delight.
- An interest in product strategy, a desire to collaborate, resonance with our values, and a sense of humor. A willingness to step on others' toes respectfully and kindly, and to have the same done to you.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with iOS development and/or API development with Node/Typescript
- A passion for bringing high quality engineering to solving the toughest problems facing Gen Z investors
- Own an end-to-end project, which you will drive to completion with the help of the team
- Ensure reliability with unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and share knowledge and design decisions
- Regularly talk to customers to help gather feedback and suggest product improvements to improve their pain points
- Participate in regular team meetings and activities as a full time member of the team
Our Tech Stack
- iOS + SwiftUI + MVVM-C Architecture
- Typescript + Node.js (Express)
- MongoDB + AWS (EB, EC2, CloudWatch, CodeDeploy)