Patterns is a new type of data operating system that encourages rapid prototyping, creative problem solving, and sharing of solutions to everyday data problems.
It lets users integrate their data sources, build clean data models, and then analyze and automate their entire business on one platform, all powered by open-source Python and SQL components that can be forked and customized.
Instead of providing a specific solution to a narrow type of problem, Patterns provides building blocks that can be used to solve any data problem.
These building blocks are a complete toolkit that abstract over cloud infrastructure to provide a set of primitives that developers can use to build powerful applications, without the pain of managing the underlying infrastructure.
We combine this powerful toolkit with a web-based IDE so that you can prototype and deploy production applications from a single tool — removing friction, improving accessibility, and spawning collaboration so that everyone on the data team is a stakeholder.
For more about us - www.getbasis.com
What working with us is like
We're a small team based in San Francisco with a few colleagues remote around the world. We have a hybrid office culture with 2 days a week at home and 3 in our Financial District office, SF. We will hire talented people regardless of location, but we prefer candidates in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate.
What we're looking for
- A product minded front-end developer who has experience building production React apps for data intense low-latency UIs in B2B SaaS (or similar project experience)
- An interest in the data science/analysis space. You’ve built interactive UIs displaying data and considered the data analysis workflow before
- You’re an expert React developer, but with interest in UX and UI design and want to make contributions to interacting with users and product design
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in a role that required a building from scratch and scaling (eg early startup hire, tech lead at series A-B company) or a portfolio of self-directed project work
- Take ownership of our web app — build the slickest experience to do data — ever
- Help us get our product to a major milestone where customers can self-serve
- Work closely with the founding team to establish the product and technical roadmap
- Talk to customers and work with design+product to solve challenging UI+UX problems
- Build a product foundation that will scale to hundreds then thousands of users and more
- Work with product+growth to design and implement product growth loops that help Basis reach viral scale
- Be a founding member of Basis, help design our culture, contribute to our blog about challenging problems you're solving or anything you find interesting
What we can offer
- As an early hire, a substantial equity package
- An opportunity to move into a management position and scale yourself or continue to contribute through writing code (if desired)
- Competitive cash pay
- All of the standard benefits
React, ReactFlow, Typescript, Django Ninja, Python, GCP, Postgres, Terraform