AlgoUniversity bridges the gap between the CS curriculum at universities and what is required by the industry. We offer live classes, industry-relevant projects, and learning products that prepare students for software engineering jobs at top tech companies.
Skills: Prototyping, Figma, React
AlgoUniversity is democratizing education, by enabling personal connection between educator and student at scale. Anyone with skills can teach and anyone with will can learn and we mould them into building life transformative experience. Currently we are building live teaching infrastructure that enables handful of top educators to coach a large number of students.
We house a young energetic team of ACM ICPC world finalists, Olympiad medalists (won a total 4 medals for India!), people with experience of managing operations in Edtech startups, and engineers from Google, Apple, etc. Our core team is alumni from IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Bombay, IIM Indore, check us out!
What are we looking for
We are looking for a strong front-end engineer to help build our new set of products at AlgoUniversity. You have a passion for design. You take painstaking efforts to build world-class user experiences. You have experience developing products (e.g. web/mobile apps, desktop apps) and communicating across an array of technical levels. You carefully design your features before implementing, optimizing for efficiency, reusability, and safety.
Who you are
- You have built multiple apps with Reactjs (either through hackathons, previous work experience or hobby
- Experience working with product designers using collaborative tools such as Figma, Sketch, or Zeplin
- You have a high quality bar but can embrace MVP mindset when needed
- You are more interested in getting to the right answer than being right.
- You are always willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in when the team needs help.
- You have a start-up mentality. You understand shipping a feature early and learning from the result is more important than perfecting it.
- You write high-quality code that is readable and reliable.
Why work with AlgoUniversity?
- From building out new release automations, to adding support for even more third-party integrations, you’ll be working closely with the rest of the team from idea inception to design, planning and implementation.
- The new products we are building is in its initial stages with lots of interesting features left to implement, so the work will always be interesting!
- Opportunity to learn about design choices and scalability while developing large scale systems which will be useful for your future endeavours.
- Based on your performance, we would be happy to consider you for a full time position as well.
- Work where you want although a trip to AlgoVilla is hard to refuse!.
If the above resonates with you, we would love to hear from you - please make sure to send links to your two top projects (github/personal links/hackathons, etc) in the note
Currently our tech stack includes Django, Docker and React. Originally our stack was deployed on GCP and currently we are in the process of migrating to AWS.