Canix is building the first generation of modern software for the burgeoning cannabis industry. We help our customers overcome daunting compliance regulation, sell more product, and optimize their day to day operations—from cultivation, to processing, to distribution.
Recent winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020, find out more at TechCrunch and canix.com.
Skills: React, Ruby on Rails
Cannabis is big right now, and it needs a platform to match. Canix (YC S'19) is building the first generation of modern ERP software for a nascent industry. Our app helps customers cut costs, overcome compliance regulations, sell more product, and streamline their day-to-day; seed to sale, rain or shine.
(We're also the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt 2020: Watch our winning pitch for more about where we're headed in the next few years!)
Why work with us?
- We're making something people want. Data don't lie: Today, more than 1500 facilities across the US and Canada use our seed-to-sale software, processing $100M+ USD in direct sales and managing more than 20M plant and inventory items.
- We're top-notch: we have the best in sales, support, engineering, and product. Our international team has started companies and developed infra and product used by millions of people globally. We come from Facebook, Heroku, EY, and more.
- The time is now. Legalization is here, and the cannabis industry is exploding. What comes next determines the future of cannabis standards and software. Canix is not only defining the foundation of the cannabis industry, but continuously improving on it with every deploy. Your work will be pivotal in forming and growing our team, the company, and an entire industry from the ground up.
What you’ll be doing:
On paper, the QualOps engineer has two main goals: (1) keep regressions and other issues out of our (frequent) releases, and (2) resolve them when they do occur. In practice, you’ll be a blend of full-stack product engineer and SRE, continuing to drive Canix towards best-in-class quality.
To that end, you'll:
- Use a combination of feature development, internal tooling, and manual intervention to automate our support process and resolve live customer issues. You'll be transforming customer requests from ticket to deployed code.
- Identify and fix issues affecting users in production and staging, solo and in tandem with the on-call engineer.
- Monitor and own our bug/oncall queues, app performance, test coverage, and build process to ensure that the entire team can move quickly and confidently.
- Manage build and test infrastructure (CI/CD, builds, E2E testing) in the context of our existing tech stack (React/Typescript, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Sorbet, Postgres)
- Build internal tools to streamline our support and engineering teams. Reduce our resolution time by 10x.
- Work in tandem with engineering and product to validate product health and quality and to establish a deep understanding of our product, users, and roadmap. (Everyone is a product owner at Canix!)
You might be a great fit if you:
- Have a strong product and design sense and enjoy delivering features with instant impact.
- Are experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports, and resolving cases.
- Have worked extensively with CI/CD processes, including build tools and test frameworks.
- Have experience being on-call and troubleshooting complex issues in the production environment.
- Can effectively share information on technical topics to stakeholders, customers, and coworkers of varying skill and experience.
- Have a working knowledge of React and Ruby on Rails.
Working at Canix
Our development process is simple: we identify an opportunity to help our customers save time and lead a more fulfilling work life (be it a product, infrastructure improvement, or development tool), run it by the team, and build it. We use daily check-ins to hold each other accountable, weekly meetings to plan the next cycle of work, and 3 month check-ins to talk about the company's priorities and goals as a whole. Everything else is up to you.
Our technical challenges (and accomplishments) include:
- Integrating with hardware (e.g. wireless scale integrations for weighing product during and after harvest/processing or RFID scanners for plant tracking).
- Processing millions of data points and offering actionable insights and forecasts to our customers.
- Working with gnarly 3rd-party APIs to push/pull data to/from our backend with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness.
- Delivering beautiful and effective UIs to help our customers accomplish their work as effectively as possible.
- Writing efficient mobile applications that can work both online and offline to process hundreds of thousands of changes in sporadic network conditions.
- Managing payments for an often overlooked population of underbanked customers: the entire cannabis supply chain.
Canix is on a mission to empower people in the cannabis industry to lead more fulfilling work lives through innovative, mission-critical technology. We are trusted by over 1500 facilities across the US, from cultivation, through distribution and manufacturing. Our work is driving the continued success of cannabis legalization and reform across the country.
Canix is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law, FMLA Employee Rights, and EPPA Protections. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Canix does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Canix employees or any other organization location. Canix is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.