In short: Full-time position based in the USA. Competitive salary matching experience and generous stock options in the company. We are building a phone plan you'll love.
😍 We are Gigs
Gigs is a telecom as a service. We are building Stripe for SIM cards.
- Providing platforms custom phone & data plans through an easy-to-use API in 200+ countries.
- For consumers, Gigs makes it super simple to subscribe to and manage a phone plan with a few clicks. A phone plan you’ll love to use yourself. Easy, transparent & global connectivity for your smartphone, smartwatch or IoT device.
See immediate results of your work. Our large-scale integrations mean huge adoption within a short time. We obsess about the needs of our partners and their end customers to build a best-in-industry experience.
We are backed by the investors behind Stripe, Dropbox and Airbnb. As part of Gigs you will have access to the teams, resources and support from any company we work with. We count on a team of world-class advisors and investors that can help us in tricky situations.
- We completed the Y Combinator W21 batch.
🔧 The Position
You'll be in charge of building Gigs presence in the USA. From strategic business development to finding the first office space, you’ll take care of all things Growth. We love to be hands-on and rarely rely on external people for help.
You'll be the pioneer for Gigs in the USA and work together with Dennis, Hermann, and the European Growth team to test and launch operational projects. You will own your projects and the growth of Gigs in the USA from day one.
You'll work to establish teams. You’ll establish teams around sales, growth, customer success, and operations to help build the USA foothold of a fast scaling software company.
This position focuses on operations and sales. Other areas include strategy, management, business development.
- Over the next years, we'll build a USA-based team around you.
👟 About you
→ We know that perfect candidates don’t exist. Even if not all of this applies to you, we’d love to learn more about you. 🦄
You've built something before and have 4+ years of experience in a high-growth SaaS business. We love builders. Our idea of great execution is turning our customers into brand advocates.
You like to optimize. You look at the entire operation along the B2B2C value chain. You figure out where processes can be improved and where things could break. And fix it yourself or with our engineers.
You love to challenge the status quo. You understand that building a product people want involves trying things that don't scale first. You turn them into something that does.
You enjoy engaging the team. This means demonstrated management skills and excellent team leadership with high involvement of all team members across all functions.
You love learning technologies as you go. You always want to find the right tool for the job, and don't only follow what you already know.
You care about the customer experience. Whatever you do, needs to have a business impact. You can make trade-offs between speed and quality.
You’ve attended a top-tier university. And have a track record of consistently performing at a high level.
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Generous stock options: We want everybody to be a true owner in Gigs (tax-free until exercised).
- Full-time contract.
- Trips to London and Berlin as regular perks.
- 25 paid vacation days per year (PTO).
The best phone plan in the world, built by you.
Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
Get your perfect setup: Mac OS, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
A workplace built for remote work: We are building Gigs as a remote-friendly company. You can join us in Berlin, or work from wherever you like. If you are based in Berlin, you can work from our office, or from the comfort of your home.
Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Gigs from scratch.
Company health insurance policy (in case you are not from Germany and were wondering how it works over here).
🤔 Our Process
The starting date is as soon as possible. However, we are willing to wait for the right candidate. And will do everything to accommodate your needs.
You'll walk through four stages:
1. Get to know each other: We use this to pitch Gigs and get you excited to join. We'll also use this chance to see whether both our expectations align.
2. Case study: This case study challenges how you would deal with our stakeholders. As well as how you'd operationally and strategically grow Gigs across the USA.
3. Meet the team: You'll get to meet our other team members. We value team fit above everything else. This also gives you the chance to see whether you'd enjoy working with us.
4. Final conversation: Dennis and you are going to chat more about the position, what you value, what you took away from the interviews so far, and whatever is on your mind.
We are mindful of your time: Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all we will extend a formal offer.
You can also speak to one of our investors. We want to give you as many insights into us as possible. We see this as a truly two-sided decision.
👋 How to apply
Just apply here.
Now, let's hear it! 🚀🥳