Join us in designing the future of ecommerce automation. Alloy is one of the leading automation solutions for brands - despite being around for only two years, it is already the tool of choice for thousands of merchants. Brands use Alloy to focus on their business and customers while putting their operations on autopilot.
We are looking for our first Brand Design Lead to work at the intersection of brand and product design to elevate the quality of our online presence, across our site, product, and social media channels. You will be in charge of designing a modern brand language and balancing our style of design with current trends.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the product and marketing teams on building brand assets and materials, including website mock-ups, landing pages, e-mails and digital assets that drive leads and grow our brand awareness.
- We’ll be looking to you to design content for marketing like presentations, whitepapers, social posts, emails, etc. and make sure each asset helps to tell our story and drive our identity.
- Work with the team to elevate the look and feel of the brand, including logos, icons, fonts, colors, photography, and more
- Design in a fast-paced environment that allows you to iterate on your work using qualitative and quantitative data, with a passion for clean and modern design; balance form and function, business goals and users outcomes
- Create a scalable and consistent brand design system for product and marketing, and make it easy for non-design team members to leverage as well
- Work alongside our Product Design Lead to build a culture of design excellence to be carried on as the organization grows. Onwards and upward (and to the right!) from here!
Skills & experience we’re excited about
- You’ve got a strong portfolio of previous work that shows strong visual and digital design deliverables with a couple of years’ brand design experience under your belt
- You are obsessed with finding the perfect balance between aesthetic delight, product value, and business outcomes
- You’ve got an irreproachable love of all aspects of typography, design, user experience, and motion.
- You make sure you clearly set expectations for timeline and deliverables, operating in an organized and transparent way, making it easy for anyone on the team to track your progress asynchronously
- You’re a self-starter, we’ve got lots of exciting projects and we will be looking to you to manage multiple initiatives to ensure we meet deadlines.
- You think about BOTH the art and the science. So you’re data-oriented and leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform and support your design decisions
Why work with us?
We’re growing quickly - We've raised $27M to date and anticipate growing to nearly 40 people by end of 2022
We’re diverse & distributed - We work remotely across 6 time zones, and our team is highly diverse from an age, gender, and background perspective. We move fast, but also find time to laugh, get to know more about each other's cultures and backgrounds, and show off our great (and horrible) cooking.
We stay on top of trends - We’re power users of tools like Figma, Jira, & Notion, and also know a thing or two about memes.
We build for our customers - We keep a good pulse on how our merchants are doing, and their problems, which is what allows us to discover new opportunities and areas for growth. We do this by running regular product feedback sessions, and engaging a dedicated customer community.
We’re ambitious, like you - We’re relentlessly optimistic that we can build this crazy automation tool that will change the way millions of people work once they have their hands on it.
We’re backed by the best - We’re backed by leading VCs like a16z, Bain Capital, YC and the founders of brands like Rent the Runway & Italic, and the people behind tech unicorns like Attentive, ShipBob, & Webflow believed in us early and are invested in our success.