We're connecting credit reporting agencies across the world into a single, predictive cross-border credit database. We make this information available through a standardized and modern API to unlock financial services, housing and employment for immigrants around the world. In effect, we are creating the first and only global infrastructure for financial identity to move across the world.
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
While our Credit Passport Team is solving for the transfer of credit data across international borders, on the "Cash" (Cash-flow Analytics) team, we're looking closely at how we can increase financial access for the "credit invisible".
It can take years to build up good credit. Even if their financial situation shows that they have the ability to take on risks, roughly 11% of the US adult population is credit invisible, and is thus denied access to financial services and other opportunities requiring credit checks (apartment/home applications, student loans, cell phone financing, car loans, etc). These are newcomers to the country, the newly employed, and others who haven't had the opportunity to build up credit.
We're looking at how we can use cash-flow analytics to provide lenders with an alternative system of trust for people generally underserved by the current credit system. This is a new and rapidly evolving market, and we believe that we’re uniquely positioned to serve it.
For a more in-depth look of our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values.
We're remote friendly within the continental US and we will continue to be after the pandemic. Our only ask is for you to join us in-person for two company-wide offsites each year. Our US compensation will be tied to pay ranges of high-cost areas such as SF and NY, regardless of where employees live.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Product to provide solutions that differentiate our cash-flow product within the emerging market space
- Be responsible for extending, improving, and managing the complexity of our cash-flow analytics product
- Ship high quality solutions with urgency and speed, with end-to-end ownership of your projects
- Have support, resources, and space to grow your career on the job
- Mission-driven and passion to make a social impact
- Eager to learn and mentor others
- Have built and improved 3rd-party API integrations and internal/external APIs
- 4+ years of relevant experience (mid- or senior-level candidates right now)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with core parts of our stack (Node.JS, Express, React, ES6, Typescript, Postgres) (Preferred, but not required)
- Experience at a fintech startup (Preferred, but not required)
NOVA CREDIT'S INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Step 1: The phone screen gives us a chance to learn more about you, your goals, and your interests. It’s also a chance for you to learn about us and get answers to your questions.
- Step 2: The technical assessment (a one-hour coding challenge) is intended to give you a taste of what you’ll be doing at Nova Credit. We avoid asking algorithmic questions, so you can expect to be asked to complete more practical tasks, such as working with an existing API, parsing JSON responses, or building a UI component.
- Step 3: The virtual on-site will give you the opportunity to meet additional engineers, have a conversation with your potential manager, and expose you to the Nova Credit culture. It is broken down into three one-hour technical sessions (coding challenges/systems design sessions) and a forty-five minute chat with the hiring manager.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graph Data Engineering Making sense of all foreign data to provide value for customers with machine learned techniques.
- API Integrations Every data supplier has a totally different system to integrate with.
- Unique Product Delivery Nova has a first-ever complex outward facing API.
- AWS + Docker + Terraform