Generally Intelligent is an AI research company. We help machines learn to understand the world the way humans do. Our mission is to build human-like general machine intelligence and make it safely accessible in order to foster a more abundant, equitable, and creative human society.
We take a first-principles approach to understanding the fundamentals of learning, starting with simple self-supervised networks solving early evolutionary problems, and increasing complexity incrementally.
As a systems engineer, you’ll work on pioneering machine learning infrastructure that enables running large numbers of experiments in parallel across local and cloud GPUs, extremely fast training, and guarantees that we can trust experiment results. This allows us to do actual science to understand, from first principles, how to build human-like artificial general intelligence.
You’ll also play a role in open sourcing infrastructure for the machine learning community.
No machine learning experience is required.
• Abstracting cloud and physical GPU resources.
• Implementing a caching system for models and datasets.
• Profiling and optimizing third-party C++ code.
• Using eBPF for continuous system profiling.
• Turning man pages into bug fixes.
• Creating observability tools for distributed systems.
• Writing shaders, learning about video encoding on the GPU, etc.
• Very comfortable writing Python and reading bash.
• Obsessive about deeply understanding how systems work.
• Happy to debug any weird problem all the way down.
• Familiar with Docker, cloud services, physical servers, systems internals.
• Excited to work on open source code.
• Passionate about engineering best practices.
• Self-directed and independent.
• Excellent at getting things done.
• Work directly on creating software with human-like intelligence.
• Generous compensation, equity, and benefits.
• Spend time learning and pairing with world-class engineers working across diverse problems who are excited share their knowledge to get you up to speed.
For full-time team members onsite in San Francisco:
• Actively co-create and participate in a positive, intentional team culture.
• Frequent team events, dinners, off-sites, and hanging out.
• $20K+ yearly budget for self-improvement: coaching, courses, conferences, etc.
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the personal computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.
We are on the cutting edge of deep learning - implementing papers, running experiments, and designing architectures.
Our stack is Python, PyTorch, Weights & Biases, and home-grown infrastructure to run experiments across AWS/GCP and our own GPUs.