Developer Evangelist at Aviator (S21)
Google-level engineering productivity suite
We build engineering productivity supertools that automate necessary-but-mundane developer workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack, Square, Figma, Benchling. With Aviator's productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks.
We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky and others.
The two founders are both ex-Googlers with backgrounds building engineering teams at several fast-growing silicon valley startups.
About the role
About the company
Aviator (YC S21) builds tools to automate necessary-but-mundane engineering workflows for customers like Bosch, Slack and Square. With Aviator's productivity-oriented tools, engineers save up to 10 hours a week on their code-submission processes, testing processes and many other tasks. We’re a well funded company, with significant enterprise revenue and notable Silicon Valley investors like Elad Gil, Lenny Rachitsky, Global Founders Capital and others.
About the role
We are a tight-knit team of engineers and problem-solvers, looking for our first developer evangelist to manage and grow our user base. This person will have significant authority to help shape our company, represent us externally, and internally be the voice of our developer-audience. Given the significance of this role, candidates with prior founding experience, or those who show an ownership-mentality to solving problems will be highly valued. Our first developer evangelist will be an extension to the founders and will be treated as such. Over time, a successful candidate in this role will grow into the Head of Dev Rel/growth/marketing/developer-success.
Things you’ll help with:
- Create technical product content such as technical blog posts, website copy, case studies, getting-started guides .
- Create content that improves SEO.
- Develop product messaging that differentiates us from others in the market.
- Effectively communicate the value of new products and services to prospective customers.
- Develop and implement product launch strategies for new products/features.
- Assist on sales calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Use market research data to help determine product pricing.
- Develop and implement ideas for engaging the software-developer community.
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- Lead cold outreach campaigns to introduce our tools to developers who haven't heard of us yet.
- Experiment with new growth channels.
- Identify partnership opportunities and help manage strategic partner relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working closely with developers.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technical concepts.
- Having a CS degree is a plus.
- Prior startup experience is a plus.
Other points to note
- Open to applicants from any location (we’re remote first), but available during Pacific Time work hours.
- Show us evidence of exceptional communication skills (ideally on technical topics) - this is the primary skill we're looking for in this role.
- You'll be particularly successful if you've got good organizational skills and problem-solving skills. We're looking for folks who can take initiative, come up with ideas as well as implement them to figure out problems that don't have off-the-shelf answers. .
- Over time, a successful candidate in this role will grow into the Head of Dev Rel/growth/marketing/developer-success.
What we offer in return
- A competitive salary and full benefits (health, dental, vision).
- Unlimited vacation policy (we encourage a minimum of 2 weeks every year to make sure you actually take vacation).
- A learning-oriented culture: we’ll sponsor books, tools, and other job-related learning that you’re interested in.
- An opportunity to grow the company and culture from its early days.
- Don’t see something you were looking for/ need? Let us know!
Intro chat -> skills assessment interview -> proof of prior work/ take home assignment -> meet the team -> offer