Backend Engineer (NodeJS)
$120k - $140k • 0.15% - 0.25%
We are building an investment platform for communities. We want to make it extremely easy & safe for people to come together and buy assets together - at the same time and price. While we understand the hype behind retail investing, we've come to understand that community & their shared values drive a lot of the behavior. We put community, trust, & transparency at the forefront of the product.
Yunit is an investment platform for communities & we are attacking retail investing from a radically different angle. We are focused on creating a investing experience that is delightful & empowering, for the everyday person.
While the market opportunity is exciting (& profitable), the problem we are solving is even more exciting. We are focused on creating value for novice investors, looking to learn through practice. It’s important for us to always keep the end-user in mind, so we are looking for a candidate that can understand the social problem at hand & is equally passionate about creating change at scale.
Role We’re looking for an backend engineer comfortable creating and implementing the backend architecture. As an early employee you will be responsible for key parts of the engineering stack and directly involved in early engineering and product decisions.
- Be a model and mentor for writing well-architected, well-tested and easy to understand services in NodeJS
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of engineers
- Work cross-functionally with the product, growth, and leadership
- Work closely with management to set, track, and meet product and engineering goals
- Uphold the privacy and security of highly sensitive user financial data
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a Software Engineer
- BS in Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Architecturally sound and proficient in medium to large scale system design
- Strong understanding of the semantics of Node.js (event loop, async/await, events, etc)
- Experience scaling and optimizing performance of applications to support rapid growth
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Strong experience with relational databases (Postgres or otherwise), including schema and query design, implementation, and optimization
- Ability to work autonomously while delivering timely results
We are iOS only. Frontend: Swift/SwiftUI Backend: NodeJS