Software Engineer (Intermediate and Senior)
$80k - $250k •
Kubelt is an open source, decentralized content management and data platform for the distributed web.
Current Web 2.0 solutions centralize your data and control it within their networks. Access to your data is available only through APIs that require productive resources to integrate and maintain. Our mission is to free data from data silos, maintain data ownership and eliminate APIs for a better end-user experience without compromise.
With the power of IPFS and WebAssembly, Kubelt achieves this vision, without blockchain and fees, enabling users to build in novel ways. To name a few:
- Secure open banking, open health, and more, without API integrations and data lakes.
- Better data science with better data, collaboration, discovery and governance.
- Email without spam and a fully collaborative productivity suite.
- A search engine “for everything” with deep content searching abilities and features for discovery.
- A metaverse built and distributed on open standards for novel gaming, NFT, AR/VR, use-cases and more.
Our goal at Kubelt is to be easiest way to deploy a full-stack web3 application, fully interoperable with blockchain, to make the transition to web3 fast and simple. Come chat with us on our Matrix server.
Skills: Go, Rust, TypeScript, Linux
What you need to know
🚀 As an early team member you will building the next generation of open source web3 technology backed by Y Combinator and the creators of IPFS, Protocol Labs!
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
👩🏽💻 Full-time position (Remote or Toronto)
⚙️ Stack: Go, Typescript and Rust. You will also be working with Libp2p, IPFS+IPLD, WebAssembly and RDF / Linked data.
Becoming a team member
At Kubelt, you will be collaborating with a team of engineers on designing, building, and documenting open source distributed technology. You will have access to the experts and resources required to deliver novel distributed technology.
We love people who have a deep understanding of web3 and/or have a passion to learn and help others within the team or community.
Things you could be working on
- Kubelt's core libraries and SDKs (Go and Typescript)
- Kubelt's frontend CMS daap
- The "kbt" CLI and TUI interfaces (Go)
- The Kubelt libp2p node and daap framework.
- Core RDF / LinkedData types and schemas.
- IPFS/IPLD codecs
- And much more
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field OR 5+ years of professional software experience.
- Experience programming with Go, Rust or Typescript.
Non-essential requirements but nice to have
- Experience with RDF / LinkedData
- Experience with web3 technology
- Experience with IPFS
- Experience with IPLD
- Experience with Libp2p
- Experience contributing to open source projects and/or related communities
- Experience with encryption techniques
- Experience with Bazel (build system)
What we offer
- $80K-$250K + equity We always make several offers, with different cash/equity split, to let you pick the one aligned with your risk profile.
- Health benefits plan.
- Work from where you feel the best.
- Any hardware & gear your need to do your job.
Our stack includes:
- RDF / LinkedData