Holy Grail uses electrons to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and contribute to the long term sustainability of humans and other species on Earth
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that uses electrons to capture CO2 from the atmosphere. We are looking for proactive candidates who are ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere. The ultimate goal of Holy Grail is to contribute to the long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
We are looking for a computational chemist to join our team and help bring our modular CO2 scrubbers to market.
This role will be based in Mountain View, CA, or remote in the U.S. Candidates should be able to start as soon as possible.
• Detail-oriented with a creative approach to science and engineering
• A high degree of autonomy and independence
• Intrinsic motivation with a fundamental love of science
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Advanced skills in computational chemistry
• Experience with small molecule scale simulations
• Experience with materials discovery and selection
• Design and build computational chemistry pipelines
• Set up hardware to run simulations physically or in the cloud
• Collaborate with chemists, materials scientists, and chemical engineers to achieve shared research goals
Nice to have:
• Experience with density functional theory, Force Field, semi-empirical quantum mechanics, and density-functional based tight-binding
• Experience with surface chemistry
• Experience with electrochemical systems
• Machine learning experience
• Experience with integrating machine learning and computational chemistry systems
• Experience with adsorption and absorption modeling
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals
Flexibility: we cultivate an informal environment that is more fun and less rigid compared to academia and larger companies
We use electrons instead of pressure or temperature swings to capture carbon dioxide from the atmosphere