Founding Full-stack Engineer
Writesonic is building the content marketing platform of the future to help businesses write better marketing copy using AI. It’s like having a copywriter in your pocket, ready to help with any kind of content you need - from Facebook and Google ads to landing pages, product descriptions, blog posts, summaries, and more.
Writesonic is an AI-powered creativity platform that generates marketing content so good you can’t believe it wasn’t written by a human. With a few lines of text, Writesonic will generate ads, blog posts, landing pages, product descriptions, and 40 other types of content.
We are saving agencies, eCommerce brands, and marketing team's about 80% of the time and effort it would take them to do the job themselves. And we're decreasing their costs dramatically! Our customers love us, as evidenced by the 2000+ 5-star reviews on platforms like G2, TrustPilot, and Capterra.
We are a seed-stage company, well funded by top investors like Y Combinator, HOF Capital, Broom Ventures, Amino Capital, etc., and are building a real business fueled by real revenue — not just venture capital.
We're a small, creative, and hard-working team looking for people with a founder mindset to join us.
About the role
We are expanding the functionality of our application based on market requirements and customer feedback, and are also building integrations with platforms like Shopify, Wordpress, etc. So, we are looking for talented full stack engineers who can understand our domain, research the market, own the application and drive development from the ground up.
This position says founding engineer. We really mean that. You'd build critical features from the ground up, and deliver 5x faster than you have at previous jobs. We're looking for someone who is serious about building, and who can wear many hats. Your day-to-day work will directly influence how customers and partners interact with our products.
🙋 Who you are
- You have designed, built, and maintained production-grade web applications. People describe you as "extremely productive."
- You have a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals.
- You are excited about working on a small team and helping us set the long term vision for our engineering organization and product direction.
- You have experience in areas such as databases, UX implementation, debugging, and full-stack performance measurement and optimization.
- You're flexible, trustworthy, energetic, and a great communicator.
- You care more about solving customers' problems and building a delightful experience than about using a particular technology to do it.
- Big bonus points for AI, design and/or devops experience.
🔨 What you'll do
- Take ownership of Writesonic's full-stack web platform, all the way to deploys, monitoring, debugging, and overall reliability.
- Research the market and competition, and come up with new features or ways to improve the system.
- Help design and implement core architecture.
- Ship major features often, iterate on those features, and build out our core infrastructure.
- Be exposed to every level of the company, working closely with the CEO to meet business goals and working off customer feedback.
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role at a product-based company or startup.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field from a reputed institute
- Experience with building, deploying, and scaling production-level web applications.
- Experience with the microservices architecture.
- Experience in developing REST APIs to serve web clients, preferably using Python based web frameworks like FastAPI, Flask etc.
- Experience building modern frontends using ReactJs/VueJs or similar.
- Experience putting high-fidelity custom UI/UX designs into code using HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience with SQL-based relational databases.
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
✨ Bonus Points
- Proven experience with design, architecture, and UI / UX principles.
- NextJs/React with Redux
- Python (FastAPI)
- Kubernetes for deployment and orchestration
Backend: FastAPI (Python), Docker, Kubernetes, AWS. Frontend: NextJs, React, Tailwind CSS, Vercel.